VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys,

what camera are you using for the rear of your T5 ?

any pics and links to the place you bought from would be appriciated

i was hoping to get a number plate surround with a camera built in but having looked at the average price of over 50 notes ive decided to look into them little camera ones that sit in one of your number plate lights holes

what do you think?

steve

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have a kenwood mounted just above the number plate. Good job.....only it's not working at the mo and I really miss it:eek:
(loose connection somewhere) Can't fault the camera.:D

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
HI guys,

what camera are you using for the rear of your T5 ?

any pics and links to the place you bought from would be appriciated

i was hoping to get a number plate surround with a camera built in but having looked at the average price of over 50 notes ive decided to look into them little camera ones that sit in one of your number plate lights holes

what do you think?

steve
Barn doors or Tailgate?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
barn doors, cheers for the advice boys i think il go for the camera that replaces the light for number plate, only drma is wont you eliminate light to the number plate once its fitted?

steve

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hi i got mine from Ebay, from Hong Kong, its a digital one (says its for a Passat on ad.) which replaces the number plate light and overlays a grid onto the road behind van, theres a small led light in there to light up numberplate which although is smaller than original light, is actually a lot brighter. Sorry cant find who i bought it off, but it cost me £15 delivered and arrived within a week of ordering. love it.....! :D:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey PDubby,
Please could you tell us which 'mark' Golf has the same numberplate light as T5. Dont want to get the wrong one. Im well interested in the unit you described. Can you change the angle of the cam or is it fixed/is it ok with low lying objects? Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for your input. I have a barn door model. Did you fit the unit inplace of the left or right hand numberplate light (looking at them)? It seems that the camera will obstruct the door handle if replacing the right hand light but if fitted to the left side it would be too far off centre? (or am i being a divvy)??? A picture would be grrreat. Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for your input. I have a barn door model. Did you fit the unit inplace of the left or right hand numberplate light (looking at them)? It seems that the camera will obstruct the door handle if replacing the right hand light but if fitted to the left side it would be too far off centre? (or am i being a divvy)???:confused: A picture would be grrreat. Cheers.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1242220#post1242220

·
Registered
809 Posts
I fitted mine in the number plate slot nearest the handle, picture looks good nice and central. T: I will post some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just fitted mine today, in the number plate slot nearest the door handle, picture quality is excellent, nice central position. Also I don't have rear wipers so following a tip from Upspex I connected the positive for the camera to the blue/black wire in the left rear plug cluster. This way 12v go to the camera when the ignition is on and I just select the screen went I want via the head unit (thought it may be handy this way if towing stuff) I will post pictures tomorrow sometime. T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts