VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently taken the plunge and bought my 2006 T5 (T28) camper.
The problem i'm having is unlocking the rear barn doors with the remote, if i open/unlock the door from the inside it is fine but once the doors are locked with the remote they will not unlock again.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi
Just had mine into VW had the van six weeks and the same problem, they fixed it and told me that a wire had become unpluged maybe from someone messing or that it just wasnt pushed in properly on construction and slipped out with vibration, take the door pannel off and look for loose wires:)

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Also check that it hasn't been programmed out. Some companies prefer to have the rear and sometimes side doors not opening from the remote to thwart opportunist thieves.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just to clarify something first.

If the rear doors are unlocked will they lock from the remote but not open?

If this is the case then i think i know what it is hopefully as had this before.

You need to remove the hard board pad off the passenger side barn door to see the mech.
These is a metal bar (going from memory here so bare with me) that goes into the black plastic central locking mech from the top and at the lower end where it goes into the mech it is threaded with a plastic cap on the end that you can adjust the postion of. This plastic cap needs to be moved up a couple of mm then it should be ok. Had this after a customer had rebuilt the door and didn't work since. Other than that once you get the pad off you can see whats happening if anything when you lock and unlock the door from the remote.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Exactly as Autokraft Paul said, the solid metal upright silver bar needs adjusting. Once you get the right height put some tape around it to stop if from slipping again as they do tend to if they've done it before.

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
try to unlock the door with the key , then try to lock or unlock witht he remote see if this helps
steveT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts