VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to tidy up the rear headlining in the van, Ideally though I'd like to use a single piece of hardboard front/back with no join T:

I'm struggling to find hardboard wide enough, Any suggestions peeps? Bond a couple of pieces together is the first thought:*

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Looking to tidy up the rear headlining in the van, Ideally though I'd like to use a single piece of hardboard front/back with no join T:

I'm struggling to find hardboard wide enough, Any suggestions peeps? Bond a couple of pieces together is the first thought:*
BnQ should have sheets of Hardboard that are long and wide enough...Did mine with it though i cut mine to the two OEM template sizes.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the responses guys T:

I measured the roof and it's circa 1300x2100 which is slighting wider than a 8x4'' sheet, A bit of research and it seams that a 5x10'' sheet of ply/hardboard is the way forward T:

Trying to find 5x10'' is the problem though, Next week i'll see whats about although i understand its not cheapI:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes 10 x 5 is needed to do it in one piece.

Its not that easy to find, But after lots of serching i found some local.

I use 6mm ply for the roof.

T:
I'll see what comes up locally! I was going to look at 3mm ply, Is the 6mm ply better for the job? I was hoping to use flush fixings so would have to recess them but not impossible I guess....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mines done with a sheet of 8x4 and some infill panels around the edges

you can just see the back corner on this pic

will try and find some better ones.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little Bump to this thread....

I managed to get some ply from Bences in Cheltenham as a company discount helps I:

3.6mm Far Eastern Plywood 10x5' £18.20 +VAT
12mm Far Eastern Plywood 10x5' £44.20 +VAT

12mm is for the floor T: The prices give you an idea but remeber I had a smidge of a discount (And free deliveryI:)

:ILU:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Damn that's a very good price!

Local lumber yards around me are quoting £100 + for 12mm...

I'm going down the route of splitting one piece from B&Q and infilling the middle with another piece

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn that's a very good price!

Local lumber yards around me are quoting £100 + for 12mm...

I'm going down the route of splitting one piece from B&Q and infilling the middle with another piece
They had to order it in, But I was quiet happy with the price...

You could bond two sheets of 8x4 together with a backing strip on the join, Or some people have created a light center piece which looks pretty sweet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts