VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a way to cure the rear lights working intermittently.one day the brake lights work next say one side decides its not gonna work,side lights do it as well,then the bloody indicators start playing up.my dad took his for mot yesterday,checked lights all working,get to mot station,passenger side light decides not to work.i hate vw rear lights,,lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes I know how you feel. I'm in the process of sorting mine. Turned out to be the headlamp switch. Good luck cos I know they can be a pain. Still can't get my rear fog goin.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got same problem, Rear passenger light not working and bulb is ok. Now after testing loads of times I think my headlight switch is broken. It didn't want to turn passed the sidelight positions.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had a problem last month with mine. Some of the lights would work and some wouldnt and some were very dim. Fisrt thing you should do is clean the rear contacts and check and clean your earths. All worked perfectly after that.

The rear contacts were corroded. I got the dremel out with a wire brush end and made them like new.

stu

·
Registered
746 Posts
this post is so timely, was just about to search! Been having this with the drivers side brake light. Works, doesn't work, works, bloody annoying. Ill have a wee clean up and hopefully fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts