VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been looking for an easier position to site towbar and reverse sensor wiring. decided to try the plugs under the passenger seat and found unplugging the pale blue plug disables all the rear lights.
so I've been testing them to see what colour wires go to what light, so far...

(main colour/stripe colour)

black/red = earth
black/white = near side indicator (left)
lavender/blue = rear light (not sure what side)
lavender/red = rear light (not sure what side)
green/black = reverse lights
lavender/black = fog lights

there's 1 wire left (lavender/white) but it doesn't seem to do anything, thought it should be the off side indicator but doesn't seem to be ???

?? does anyone know what the lavender/white wire is for ?

thanks

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
I did mine from there, all the wires were in one plug bar one which was in another plug. I'll have a look in the morning to see if I've got the colours noted still but they're the same as at the light units & I think you'll find earth is brown not black/red & you've got nothing in your list for brake lights.

·
2,759 Posts
I can't find what I had written down but found this on a previous post:-
Sides grey/black and grey/red, Indicators black/white and black/yellow, brakes red/black, Fog grey/white, Reverse light green/black.
You want to use a local earthing points rather than relying on an existing brown, there's an M6 stud under the passenger seat with some earths on already & again at the back find a good place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find what I had written down but found this on a previous post:-
Sides grey/black and grey/red, Indicators black/white and black/yellow, brakes red/black, Fog grey/white, Reverse light green/black.
You want to use a local earthing points rather than relying on an existing brown, there's an M6 stud under the passenger seat with some earths on already & again at the back find a good place.
what year is your van Roger ?

·
2,759 Posts
Mines 2013, but as I said those colours are from someone else's post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The black/red is not an earth. It is the brake light wire. The lights earth is picked up at the rear of the vehicle, behind the rear quarter panels. Depending on the spec of your van you may have an earth wire (brown) in the under seat area, but if not there is a body earth point beneath the floor mat under the flap under the seat. Lift it up and you'll see a bolt on the floor with a 10mm nut on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:

Finally got around to doing the towbar electrics, and this is what I found
under double passenger seat...

2014 64 plate Startline 102 panel van

Blue connector
Grey/White - Fog
Grey/Blue - Rear light
Grey/Red -
Rear light
Black/white - Indicator (near side/left)
Black/Red - Brake

Brown connector
Black/Green -
Indicator (off side/right)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts