VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quoted £198 inc vat and labour for rear pads ands brake discs from main vw dealer.

Is this a good price???

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Quoted £198 inc vat and labour for rear pads ands brake discs from main vw dealer.

Is this a good price???
Just picked up rear discs & pads from Mill Autos on Cardrew Ind Est for £82 T:

May be worth pm'ing Steve (aggiet4's) as he may fit them & beat the price of the stealers T:

Chris :ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Oh yea i can easily save you money on rear pads and disc replacement and fronts if you need them.For example as Conspiracy said mill auto parts supply good quality rear pads and discs for £82 i can fit them for £40 or i can supply parts and fit for £130 as it costs me time and fuel to go and collect the parts from mill.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea i can easily save you money on rear pads and disc replacement and fronts if you need them.For example as Conspiracy said mill auto parts supply good quality rear pads and discs for £82 i can fit them for £40 or i can supply parts and fit for £130 as it costs me time and fuel to go and collect the parts from mill.

Many thanks for the info, I can get a small discount at Mill Auto's so I will order soon and have a go myself. I will give you a shout if it becomes a bitch of a job :D

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Many thanks for the info, I can get a small discount at Mill Auto's so I will order soon and have a go myself. I will give you a shout if it becomes a bitch of a job :D
Hi, if you don't have a caliper wind back tool, I should take aggie up on the offer, or buy one before you startI:

Cheer Trev.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
possible to do with out a wind back tool,use a small hand vice....done a few now,.mine,brother in laws,and his mates...no probs at all,easy job i thought,and i am not that mech minded,better at taking um apart,than putting back together...:D

Just remember to remove your brake fluid cap,before you start.and add some grease to the pads to stop um squeking.:ILU:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gave the discs and pads to my mechanic (next door neighbour) which I got from Mill Autos turns out they have supplied me with the wrong one's. :eek: Anyone one have the right part no's so I can double check when I take them back? 2001 2.5tDi EX AA.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Give CV365 a call and ask for Mark.

Great prices on Mintex Brake Disks and Pads, cant remember the prices but they were by far the cheapest when I was looking.

01628 418477

1 - 10 of 10 Posts