VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've recently bought a 2014 T5, its the highline model so had rear parking sensors. Looks like someone has replaced the rear bumper at some time and not purchased the correct bumper as it doesn't have holes in it for the sensors. It came with a set of sensor new in a box and all the wiring is just pushed up behind the bumper, I plugged the sensor in cleared any stored fault codes and they all seem to work. So next step is to fit them in the bumper but I cant find the correct clips to fit them. A set of clips came with the van but they are completely wrong, I bought what I thought were the correct clips, these are closer to fitting but still not right as sensor just falls out and doesn't clip in.

Now I'm thinking the sensors might be the wrong ones (even though they work), can anyone shed some light on which parts I need please?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,954 Posts
Wrong sensor for the original, I'm afraid. The clip on the left looks about right for the factory system.

Do you know for sure that it's the factory-fitted system and not aftermarket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrong sensor for the original, I'm afraid. The clip on the left looks about right for the factory system.

Do you know for sure that it's the factory-fitted system and not aftermarket?
Yes its factory fit, I did think it might be the wrong sensor but they plug in and work. Also did a cross check on the part number Valeo 9G92-15K859-AB (which is a JLR part) but the OEM number is 3C0 919 275 S which is also listed for the rear of a 2013-2018 T5. So no idea!

·
Special Rapporteur
10,954 Posts
I don't think you'll fit the type that you have in easily, depending on orientation.

If you do a forum search you'll find threads here linking to the correct parts, and typical costs on Ebay for them (about 15% of the VW cost, when I last looked).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After lots and lots of reading they are the right sensors so just need to find the right clips. Looks like VW changed the sensors from ones that the plug goes in the back to right angle ones. Going to see if TPS can come up with the correct clip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts