VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear parking sensors on my 07 T5 have stopped working. Sometimes when I select reverse I get a beeping noise that does not go off and sometimes no noise at all.
I have just had a new stereo fitted and a couple of days after my rear parking sensors stopped working.
Is this a coincidence or could the stereo have caused this?
Is there an easy fix?
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Tom

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes they are factory fitted.
When you say head unit, do you mean the stereo?
The stereo that was taken out was a RCD 200.
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The replacement was a JVC - DAB KD-DB 52

Sensors worked ok for a day or two after, but now all I get is a beep that won't go off when I put it in reverse or no noise at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have tried putting on stereo in, and still all I am getting is a high pitch beep that does not go off or no noise at all when I put it into reverse.
Looks like it is not the new stereo!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just done as you suggested and they all make a buzzing noise so had a fiddle about with the wires that go into the back and they appear to be working. Fingers crossed they will continue to work.
Cheers

Have tried putting on stereo in, and still all I am getting is a high pitch beep that does not go off or no noise at all when I put it into reverse.
Looks like it is not the new stereo!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Not sure if its related but I had a stupid problem with my reverse sensors stopped working completely for ages,

Found out from a tech at VW that if you use a 13pin adapter when towing it disables the reverse sensors, I stupidly left the adapter plugged in!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster, please be gentle,

As above the 13 pin adapter also stops the fog light from working,

Not that I was this stupid to leave it in and fail an MOT

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do not have a tow bar, so this can't be the cause! Thanks anyway.

Unfortunatly the fix only lasted an hour, and they have stopped working again.

I have a feeling one of the connecting wires must be loose, as when I fiddled with them they started to work, be it for an hour:confused::confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts