VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Been struggling to get my T4 to the right lowered height.

I have tried 50 and 40mm springs with new standard shocks but the tyre is nearly in the arch.

Ive read on here that standard shocks should be fine.

After watching lots of videos I saw someone had rubber bushings at the top and bottom of the springs, I’ve never had these, and can’t find any information about them online just a few companies selling 5mm and 25mm ones, most searches come up with T5/6 versions.

Was this a factory fitted part that I’m missing? If so what is the official name of the them? Hopefully these will get me to the right height.

Cheers!

·
Registered
151 Posts
So far as I can tell, different editions had different rubber spacers. Caravelle's, 1200s, 1000s and 800s all had different ones. I think it was to do with the spring rate - softer springs may have had larger rubbers to set the ride height at the rear. I could be entirely wrong through. :S

My 1200 doesn't have any but I have no idea if that's normal or not since it's been 'repaired' in the past.

Try searching for part number 7d0511139 or 7d0511147 - they're various sized spacers fitted to some models.

·
Registered
560 Posts
VW T4 Rear Spring Pad Plates in Poly Polyurethane Flo-Flex 7109998372748 | eBay

I've seen these Poly spring plates on Ebay, they are 14mm thick so should do the job in place of a standard one. I think from memory, mine which is a 1200 van are 12 or 14 mm thick.

VeeDub Transporters also sell a poly version at 3.6mm thick to lower the rear 7 to 10mm.

Also, Bluebird customs sell Rubber ones but all of the above are "flat plates", not like the genuine ones that are moulded to accept the top of the spring. They do the job all the same.

The bottom ones were available from Brickwerks and were a genuine part. They may be still available from VW.

Lots of vans run without the bottom insulator but I'd say a top one is a must, even if it's a thin one, better than none at all.

Brickwerks - Rear Suspension - Suspension - T4 Parts - Parts, spares and components for VW T3, (T25, Type 25, Vanagon) T4 (Eurovan), LT (LT1, LT28, LT30, LT35, LT40, LT45, LT50, LT55) & MK1 Caddy GoWesty UK

There you go, a nice selection from Brickwerks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts