VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've bought and fitted a triple kombi seat in the rear of my t28 swb panel van which came with seat belts. The problem I've got is the seat belt is mounted on a 45 degree angle and they won't work as they keep locking. I think that they are from the front which are mounted vertical. Have I got the wrong ones and if so does any one know where I can get them from. Cheers Lee.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The rear belts that I recently fitted in my swb are fitted in the original positions at the bottom of each C pillar. They are vertically positioned so not sure what/where you have fitted there. They fit just inside the bottom of the pillar where the small hardboard panel goes.

You are correct that anything other than vertical and they will not work correctly and as soon as they are bolted in they run freely

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aahhh right I haven't taken the small wooden panel off I just assumed they would bolt into the bottom on the 45 degree panel as there's a threaded hole there which takes the bolt. As for the top mount am I right when you have to drill the pillar and put a strengthening bracket behind it. And if the the belt mounts inside the pillar on the bottom won't it rub on the metal.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Take the panels off you will see where the reels bolt on. The holes you have them bolted to are for the other end of the belt. The top bracket needs a hole drilling 300mm down from the roof and a plate with a captive nut (7/16 unf) welded to it fixed inside the pillar.

I got my top plates on eBay, will post a link when I find it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just took the panel off and can now see where it goes and I've ordered the spreader plates from the link you posted, nice 1 thanks for your help. T:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts