VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Newbie here. Just wanted to know if a twin front T5 seats would fit in the rear of my T5? I would like to get it into the back behind the drivers side. Can pick up twin seat for about £50-£100 on ebay. How much should I be paying to fit it? I know I need to get an extra lap belt for the left seat.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Quite a few peeps on here have done this but its not straightforward.
The double seat is not meant for the rear and I personally won't fit them in this position due to safety concerns.
If you use the search facility you will find a few threads with details of what people have done to fit them and it seems they have done a good job so i'm not criticising people for doing it.
The factory vw rear kombi seats are crash tested by vw in that position so are obviously safer to fit, but they are more expensive to buy and fit.
I have genuine vw kombi seats in stock and also many double front passenger seats available.
Whatever you do make sure you research it thoroughly and take the time to fit properly, safety should be your prime consideration.
Hope this helps.
Colin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys

Newbie here. Just wanted to know if a twin front T5 seats would fit in the rear of my T5? I would like to get it into the back behind the drivers side. Can pick up twin seat for about £50-£100 on ebay. How much should I be paying to fit it? I know I need to get an extra lap belt for the left seat.

Thanks in advance
Hi I'm fairly new to this site, just brought myself a charcoal grey 2.5tdi t5 :), i want to put some seats in the back too, (along with other conversions) but its looking pretty expensive to stick some extra seats in the back. Just wondering how your seat conversion went, what route you went down etc. I'm pretty handy when it comes to it, so I'm not scared off getting my hands dirty. But any advise would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks in advance
dont bother,we had one in ours when we bought it,far too small for two normal peeps,soon got rid and put a triple seat in from a shuttle,so much better and more practicle,A:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts