VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am in the process of fitting my Pioneer 3500 and want to add some rear speakers - I've already got the cables run to the rear and will be adding these to the ISO plug once my spare terminals arrive this week.

I'm also thinking of upgrading the front speakers to the commonly used Pioneer 1703 (or equivalent as I think they're discontinued?).

So, what speakers would compliment the stereo and upgraded fronts?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have Pioneers in mine, forgotten which model, but I have the Pioneer TSH1703 speakers in the front (with the tweeters in the dash) and really enjoy the sound they all put together.

You may wish to contact Jason of Absolut5 as he does know his biscuits.

Edit:

My back:

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Am in the process of fitting my Pioneer 3500 and want to add some rear speakers - I've already got the cables run to the rear and will be adding these to the ISO plug once my spare terminals arrive this week.

I'm also thinking of upgrading the front speakers to the commonly used Pioneer 1703 (or equivalent as I think they're discontinued?).

So, what speakers would compliment the stereo and upgraded fronts?
The Pioneer TSH 1703 are not discontinued and we have them in stock, always recommend wooden collars, as much better than plastic ones, also it's worth sound deaden the inner door skin and the plastic door card it self, we normally compliment them with a set of 6.5" 2way Pioneer coax...slim enough to fit in most spaces, and sound great in a panel which is insulated..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh right - I had thought based on Pioneers info that they had been discontinued...

I'll be making some sort of a pod across the back above & behind the RIB to house these rear speakers.

How much for a set of 1703, collars & 6/5" rears?

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Oh right - I had thought based on Pioneers info that they had been discontinued...

I'll be making some sort of a pod across the back above & behind the RIB to house these rear speakers.

How much for a set of 1703, collars & 6/5" rears?
No they are still available from Pioneer, had a big order of them come in today, but most are already sold...

I will send a cost over T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts