VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fitting rear speakers in the T5 and am wondering where the rear wires are routed if at all or do I have to splice into the loom at the back of the head unit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am fitting rear speakers in the T5 and am wondering where the rear wires are routed if at all or do I have to splice into the loom at the back of the head unit.
My advice is look at your budget, and if you can get a new headunit, sub and amp package, you must do your door speakers too. Then you will be transfixed with the sound, no question. take drivers seat out and run under that and in the side wall or at the edge under the loading mat. If you can't afford the package now , RUN all the jack plugs, power , and start cable at the same time. If you are planning a conversion at any time then you need to run all sorts too!!
Absolut 5 can do you a sub enclosure that goes under the seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already fitted a new head unit but at the time didn't put in any rears, I was just seeing it VW had carried the loom through to the rear to try and save me pulling out the head unit again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Chances are you won't have wires. All you need to do is pop out the glove box, take out the passenger tweeter grill cover and pop off the A pillar cover. You can then run the rear wires up the piller following the rear lights wires. You may need to take off the passenger grab handle to give you a bit more space to run the wires between the roof lining and roof. Then pop out the stereo and splice into the harness you got with the stereo. Check the instructions but most harnesses have names on the wires to tell you what they are. Just take your time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there,
I am fitting a new set of component speakers to my Sportline (09 MY). I've just taken the A panel cover off and seen a set or red and red black cables there. Would they be a feed for non existent rear speakers?
Just knocked up a pair of plywood tweeter mounts as there are none fitted, which is outrageous considering the cost of the van new.
Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts