VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking to convert my T30 into a Kombi but am not sure where to put the rear speakers for the back seats, above the wheel arches has been suggested by the local car audio place, anyone else had any better ideas? They can't go under the seats as I am using the quick release seats and dont want to mess around moving speakers and having connectors. I'm not going massive on the ICE as I'm just not that into it, I just want all passengers to be able to hear it.

I want to lay the cable before I carpet so any suggestions would be much appreciated T:

Thanks.

Phil.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Phil,
For what it's worth, just doing mine in a LWB Kombi and wanted a similar outcome i.e. just sounds for the guys in the back seats. Looked at putting them in the tailgate but eventually decided to fit them above and forward of the rear wheel arches where the panel had enough depth to take decent sized speakers (6.5 inch). As this is the first conversion I have done I will not know the full effect until ply is cut, carpet is glued and mistakes become things you live with. :ILU:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, Ta, think ll do the same then. I think there's enough space there without some hideous box so we shall see.

Ta

Phil

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You could us the rear overhead speaker boxes that Rock Salmon Vans in Dawlish offer :

http://www.rocksalmonvans.co.uk/view_page.php?pid=222

Just spoken to Chris the Governor and he is just about to start offering them for T5's for about the £100 mark (carpeted), they are made out of spruce ply. He has a T5 in the workshop as I type that he is going to use to measure up from.

And if you want the storage option in between the speakers he said it would not be much more in cost either, also he can offer other finishes if required i.e. leather

I'm think that even if you brought it bare and put your own finish on it it would cheap at twice the price.A:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, looks pretty cool, my concern would be head room as I intend using one of the Kombi bed systems that are on legs as I will need space when using it as a camper to store my gear when I'm sleeping. Might have to get the specs for it.

Ta

Phil

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Hi woody71
Hav a look @ are pics there you will see where i fitted rear speaker's hope this helps :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts