VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoned up a local scrappy who have a few t4's in with tailgates as i'm wanting to swap my barn doors on my 2002 lwb 2.5tdi. Told him I needed everything as im doing a conversion and he said i'd need the rear bumper as well...is this right ?
Also does it matter it the tailgate comes from a SWB ?
A list of what i'd need to remove from the scrap van would be ideal :)

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
hi mate,you dont need to replace rear bumper.you need tailgate with hinges unbolted from inside at the rear,also both bottom catches that the tailgate shuts on to on the sides,bottom catch on rear panel and black cover,both tailgate struts and brackets for fixing to the van,the wiring runs down beside drivers tail light unplug there and jiggle it up the pillar
remember to unplug the rear wiper hose

thats it i think,T:

·
Registered
2007 T5 2.5TDi Kombi 130bhp in Shadow Blue
1,708 Posts
make sure you get one from a similarly aged van as there are two different types of hinge I think :confused: someone else will be able to confirm,

It might be pre 96 and 96 - 03 if its the same as other revisions but I could be wrong

Also once you get one can you pm me how much all that lot set you back and the name of the breakers yards lol, especially if they have a bright red one ha ha

Cheers

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Will do, its a local commercial breakers just down the road from me, they say they have about 4 tailgate models they are breaking so will pop down and assess the situation this weekend.
Also any ideas on whether a swb door will be any different.
Nice one matey, How much dosh you parting with for a tailgate!! CheersT:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts