VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for all the numpty questions recently. T:

My rear washer on my tailgate - 1.9 TD 800 special 2001 - stopped working a little while ago. I finally got round to taking off the panel and having a look today and the clip on plastic bit for the tube had come away. I clipped that back on and the squirter now squirts. Happy days.

The only problem is that it squirts directly out of the back of the van and not on the window where I need it. It looks well funny and I dare say that I could make use of it to discourage tailgaters but there must be a nozzle or something that deflects the water back onto the window.

Does anyone have a part number or a diagram of what its supposed to look like? Failing that - the next time I see a T4 parked nearby I'll have to have a quick nosey.

Thanks! T:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thought had crossed my mind!

Reminds me of a story I once heard from a chap who had been a tour manager for New Order. Apparently one afternoon when they were bored in Paris they filled the windscreen washer bottle with their own pee, changed the angle of the spray and went around squirting frenchmen. I've never verified the story but sounds good enough to be true.

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
sorry to Hijack this thread,

my rear wash hasn't worked for years - I hear the motor pumping but no fluid, and no fluid leaking out of the door nor under the reservoir, and the nozzle is clear, so I guess I've got a hose kinked or blocked, but can't be d to take the Caravelle rear door panel off

anyone done this ? go on, motivate me please.......;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Chriscaravelle94,

I have had the rear panels off a few of times on my Caravelle and it is fairly easy as long as you have someone to hold it while you undo all the screws. Start by taking the two pieces that go either side and along the top of the window off (from memory a couple of screws and clips) next remove the strap handle (two big screws) and the interior handle surround (slides up). Now with someone holding the panel undo the screws on the sides and along the bottom edge, the panel is held at the top with a couple of brackets so lower the bottom edge of the panel a bit and slide it upwards and it should come away. A big tip don't do it near a grid :) My washer wasn't working and I thought like you there was kink in the pipe however it turned out the hose had broken off the jet. If I get in early enough this evening i'll post a coupple of pics because I have my panels off at the moment as I'm fitting a LED strip in the grove on the bottom panel.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only problem is that it squirts directly out of the back of the van and not on the window
Thanks! T:
mine too, I have great fun squirting it at tail gaters :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts