VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I ran into a small problem upon finishing my campervan conversion of a 2015 model LWB.
I started off with a working rear unit (both heat and AC worked fine).
Initially I wanted to remove the unit, but since it came with AC, I didn't want to mess it up/empty the freon circuit.

I'm a tall guy, so one of the first things I did was get rid of the inside roof lining (lights, vents + pipes for vents).
AND the control unit for the rear section (simply disconnected and taped the wires). I still have it, but there was no room for it in my layout and didn't want to extend the wires and move it elsewhere.

Problem now is that the rear blower and AC stopped working completely - I can't control it at all from the dashboard controls (meaning that fan doesn't start, air vents don't move, AC doesn't work back there).
Is that normal? Do I absolutely need that ceiling-mounted controller connected? (in which case I have to hide is somewhere - maybe in the B pillar)
Is there a way to bypass it alltogether?

Thanks a lot!

LE: I know there are a lot of such topics around -read quite a bunch of them, but couldn't find my answer (sorry)

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,152 Posts
Hi guys, I ran into a small problem upon finishing my campervan conversion of a 2015 model LWB.
I started off with a working rear unit (both heat and AC worked fine).
Initially I wanted to remove the unit, but since it came with AC, I didn't want to mess it up/empty the freon circuit.

I'm a tall guy, so one of the first things I did was get rid of the inside roof lining (lights, vents + pipes for vents).
AND the control unit for the rear section (simply disconnected and taped the wires). I still have it, but there was no room for it in my layout and didn't want to extend the wires and move it elsewhere.

Problem now is that the rear blower and AC stopped working completely - I can't control it at all from the dashboard controls (meaning that fan doesn't start, air vents don't move, AC doesn't work back there).
Is that normal? Do I absolutely need that ceiling-mounted controller connected? (in which case I have to hide is somewhere - maybe in the B pillar)
Is there a way to bypass it alltogether?

Thanks a lot!

LE: I know there are a lot of such topics around -read quite a bunch of them, but couldn't find my answer (sorry)
I can't answer your question for sure as I kept my rear heating - A/C controller but I suspect removing the control panel and roof servo has thrown it into a fault condition. Can you try connecting the controller and possibly also the roof servo if necessary or just get fault codes read for Heating / Air Conditioning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roger. I was trying to avoid this because the ceiling is nicely bolted in all around, and not so easy to access that cable to test it. I'd have to do it one day, that's certain.
One day before that will check for errors in Vagcom... waiting for the chinese reader

1 - 3 of 3 Posts