VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they turn on, but will not turn off unless the ignition is turned off. anyone had this problem and any suggestions for a cure???

I have already got a solution and thats not to turn them on, so thanks to anyone if this was your advice I:

·
Registered
152 Posts
my first check would be the relay and if thats ok get the ub40 or is that wd40 out and spray the motor does'nt always work but makes you feel like your trying.H:

·
Registered
152 Posts
near the fuse box if you put your hand on them and turn the wiper on you will feel it click and again when you turn it off. if it doesnt click again when turning the wiper off it may just be sticking so if you take the relay out and remove the cover try cleaning with some electrical cleaner and try again.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now know which relay it is for the wipers and have tested, it clicks for on then followed by another click, but wipers stay on. have opened it up and its clean, but have still given it a clean????? Help... new relay (to be honest it will be from the scrap yard or just not use the rears)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does everyones rear wipers work when you push forwards and then will automatically turn turn off i.e they aren't constantly on until you turn them off???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Two modes. Quick push forward and release turns the*intermittent* rear wiper on or off. Long push forward sprays the rear window and sets the rear wiper running continuously for a few seconds (but doesn't toggle the intermittent action). My guess would be either finger trouble, or the switch contacts or relay latching mechanism is sticking.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thats sounds about right, relay looks good and has been cleaned, so will now investigate the stalk area.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aargh... brilliant, if only i had a van handbook to explain the controls. thank you, feeling daft as the above works. how simple. Thank you. anyone know where i can get a copy of a handbook for a 1997 2.5tdi I:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts