VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some work done on my tailgate and decided to leave the rear wiper off as I prefer the look. Still haven't plugged the hole, anybody used a specific bung or plug??

·
Registered
456 Posts
Back in my boy racer days I did the same mod on my saxo's.

Early bog standard 106's didn't come with rear wipers so I bought the plastic bung and retaining part from the parts department. Worth a try if you can check sizes!?

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
We have some blanking grommets on our site, thats what all my friends have used when getting rid of rear wipers T:

Cheers.
Abi

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back in my boy racer days I did the same mod on my saxo's.

Early bog standard 106's didn't come with rear wipers so I bought the plastic bung and retaining part from the parts department. Worth a try if you can check sizes!?
Same here! Still have my saxo but thats got polycarb windows so no need for a bung, the t5 is its towing machine now lol.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wish I had kept mine now but couldn't justify or afford two cars at the time! So I sold my 100% standard 03 VTS with only 15k on the clock! The boy racer ones were the ones before that! Have you gone turbo time seen as though you must be serious enough to be saving weight on that level?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah turbo's arent reliable on them. its got fbreglass doors, boot and bonnet, full weld in multipoint cage, and 180bhp throttle bodied VTS engine. 750kg car now. :)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's the 1" one.

Can you post one out? Would PayPal. Be easier as the postage on the website is £2.50 or something similar..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I would like to remove my rear wipers - but am a little concerned over reports that a bung might be easily overcome and allow rear entry more easily (to the VAN!) for thieving chavs & pikeys ??

Is this the case?

rob

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
HalfordsT:

They do 3 or so bungs in different sizes as a pack, one which fits perfectly! That's what I run and they are only a few ££ no leaking or anything either:ILU:
snap, think there aerial grommits, there hung on the racking where the fuses nuts bolts etc are

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I used the largest of these (24mm) and it is a sloppy pi$$ fit, mine is more like 27mm
Odd as i've used the middle size and it fits well, Halfrauds may have changed them?

I would like to remove my rear wipers - but am a little concerned over reports that a bung might be easily overcome and allow rear entry more easily (to the VAN!) for thieving chavs & pikeys ??

Is this the case?

rob
On tailgated vans, I can't see how your going to get to the lock :* but can't comment on barndoors though

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
There's a german company that makes a glass one but I cant for the life of me remember it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts