VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear wiper and my demister worked .. but then they stopped no power to tailgate

so i have checked the fuses (wiper is listed as number 4 and demister as number 12 < with in the lower fuses behind the penny slot cover> both these check out ok although info on the fuse location can be scetchy

I am assuming there is another fuse some where ??

vw t4 2000 tdi

after much googling there seems to be other people about with the same problem

also there doesnt seem to be much info on rear wiper probs as i have been here before on a barn door van and failed

so where is this ing fuse ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
My T5 rear wipers would tyrn themselves on at random or not when they were needed. VW tech said . Condensation in the motor or break in the wire . Fit a new motor. The fix ti date from two years ago . Spray the wiper motor insude the door with ACF 50 like wd 40 but more expensive. At first everything was dead thought i had f...ed it next day they work as they should and still are no parts changed . Hope this helps . It was condensation acf 50 is non conductive stops corrosion and made for aircraft use buy it in motorcycle shops ebay etc .

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My T5 rear wipers would tyrn themselves on at random or not when they were needed. VW tech said . Condensation in the motor or break in the wire . Fit a new motor. The fix ti date from two years ago . Spray the wiper motor insude the door with ACF 50 like wd 40 but more expensive. At first everything was dead thought i had f...ed it next day they work as they should and still are no parts changed . Hope this helps . It was condensation acf 50 is non conductive stops corrosion and made for aircraft use buy it in motorcycle shops ebay etc .

Tnx .. but as i said no power to tailgate ... and it affects the reat window demister/ heater too

·
Registered
430 Posts
check in the rubber flex which protects the wires high up to send power to the rear demister and rear wiper- there's often breaks in the wires here - you can peel it back and inspect the wires..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok had auto electrician bad connection or wire around fuse four area it was hard he was talking in electrospeak
any fixed and heres what i did learn for sure fuse 4 supplies piwer to rear wipers and rear window heater .. when this is outta action rear wiper window heater no work ... but fuse five also has some thing to do with wipets cos if you remove it rear wiper only works on intermittant fuse five is for all wipers it seems ... any ways sorted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts