VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening peeps, firstly I must point out that our Multivan is a fake, so while the roof panel looks good it doesn't move air so losing it is no real issue (have they got a resale value?)

We have recently done a week in the van, using a Coleman Event shelter as an awning/storage. We sleep in the bed and our 5 yr old in a cab bed up front. We managed to stay overnight in a pub car park with just the coolbox outside.

We would have a lot more storage space up front if we shoved our boy upstairs but I am a little concerned about noise. Right now the van is very dark and very quiet. Any other negatives other than noise that we need to know about?

We are in West Yorkshire so Vamoose is looking favourite so far.

Its a SWB and I am 5' 8", will we fit up there in the future?

·
Registered
218 Posts
No negatives? Noisy? Cold?
It's a lot noisier with the roof up, but a lot depends on where you pitch and on how well your son sleeps You can buy thermal wraps. Mine makes a good difference to both noise and warmth. It's always a compromise, but I think the flexibility of the roof is worth it's weight in gold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, he sleeps pretty well and we are unlikely to camp in winter. I'll look into thermal wraps.

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
The extra space makes up for any negatives IMO. There's ways to overcome the temperature. And we've not noticed any noise.

A full blackout option would be an improvement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the moment our van has curtains made out of blackout material that popper in to place on the original poppers so it s very dark.

My T4 has VanX curtains so this is also very dark. Do poptops let a lot of light in?

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,419 Posts
Not a lot of light, but you can tell when the sun's up.

It's not a reason to not have a pop top fitted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, we've managed in a tent for years but I've noticed how late we sleep in the new van..

·
Registered
169 Posts
No reason not to fit a pop top in my opinion.

- You generally wanna have two windows open for ventilation anyways, AND don't you wanna listen to the ocean when camping on the coast?!
- I pop the roof every opportunity I have. I couldn't live without it now that I have it...
- Would say the extra light is an argument FOR getting a pop top fitted... I'd fall asleep eventually anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts