VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps

power project........what about "If Ya Can" big bore kit,,,,i know its not the same but iam in to bikes & my fave 12 bandit & alot of folk do 1216 big bore kits with big results & the actual bore size is 1140cc i think,,,which is not a massive increase in bore size over standard but will produce at least 40bhp/extra 30 ish ft/lb,,,i know petrol bike engines are not the same as a oil burning diesel but ya cant beat cubesT:

just a thought & my modest opinion

T:T::):)

·
Registered
335 Posts
dunno mate?? imguessing though if u increase capacity, you'll need to increase the boost, as 15psi might fill a 1.9, but will only run say 12psi in 2.0 maybe?? due to the volume changing etc??

other than that, larger engines will ALWAYS produce more torque over their smaller equivalents, and should be more power too if u can get it set up right??
however, surely it'd be cheaper to go fit a 1.9 TDI (a.k.a Aggie conversion - lol)

as then the engine would be relatively standard, and would be healthy for a good 30bhp over the 1.9 TD anyway?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate:)

TDI swap brilliant ideal,,

yeah it was one of those thoughts Emmmm maybe just maybe LOL:,,,and the big bore idea always produces good torque,,,,i do like the fact ya can swap TD to TDI with big results:cool:

T:Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts