VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all on the forum. I am a new member to the forum and have owned a T5 semi high top for the last 6 months which is converted, but is about to have a make over thanks the the brilliant advice and knowledge of this forum. I have recently had a problem with the "brake warning light" and the "ABS sensor warning"which has took some solving,:cool: but is now fixed.T: (rear offside) A friendly garage that I use when necessary identified the fault to this area with their software. First I had the rear discs and pads changed (needed doing anyway) and replaced the rear ABS sensor while under the back wheel hub. Still faults showing. 2nd I had them do a diagnostic test on the ABS control module under the bonnet.(the expensive bit !) That proved OK fortunately. I then had to remove the rear offside wheel again, follow the ABS/pad sensor cable back to the rubber sock through the rear of the wheel arch. This is where I found the problem. VW had crimped the sensor wires onto the main loom and although they were sealed with tape, they were either broken or badly corroded. Re soldering was made easier by removing the inner panel (a real pain as it had 20 fir tree fastenings to remove !)to expose the main loom at the rear D-panel. Then when the loom around the wheel arch was unclipped, the loom could be fed through the panel into the van to allow enough cable to make repairs. In my case was to cut back to clean wire, tin with solder, add a foot of new cable, (sleeved with two pieces of shrink wrap)solder together and finally seal the exposed wire with the shrink wrap. Jobs a good un !! Apparently it is a problem a few have experienced. It would have been very costly to have a garage track the fault and then fix it. Hope this might save someone else the same headache. A:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts