VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do,

I have just today bought a T4 2.5 tdi (88bhp) multivan with a pop up roof, bit of rust around the arches, but doesn't seem too bad I hope! I am coming from an 02 Passat estate which I am gutted to be getting rid of but can't keep both sadly.

As such I am familiar enough to do scanning, measuring blocks and I have coded stuff to do with locks with vcds lite. Only niggles so far is the drivers door doesn't work off central locking which vcds tells me is the due to the key being incorrectly coded, and the coolant temp sensor is also throwing a code. So if I cannot find answers through google or the forum I am sure I'll be seeking some advice!

Nice to meet you!

Kieran

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
How do,

I have just today bought a T4 2.5 tdi (88bhp) multivan with a pop up roof, bit of rust around the arches, but doesn't seem too bad I hope! I am coming from an 02 Passat estate which I am gutted to be getting rid of but can't keep both sadly.

As such I am familiar enough to do scanning, measuring blocks and I have coded stuff to do with locks with vcds lite. Only niggles so far is the drivers door doesn't work off central locking which vcds tells me is the due to the key being incorrectly coded, and the coolant temp sensor is also throwing a code. So if I cannot find answers through google or the forum I am sure I'll be seeking some advice!

Nice to meet you!

Kieran
Hi Kieran, welcome to the forum and most especially to a small band of Multivan owners.

People love pictures, so we look forward to those. What roof do you have, or is it LHD with a factory roof. Ask away question wise, someone will always have the answers T:T:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scruffy! So it has a Reimo roof that the previous owners put in and it is RHD, one of the very last T4's as far as I know, so it came with electric windows, remote locking and cruise control as standard!

I'll head on over to the electric bit to post the issue I am having as google hasn't answered my question

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks like you are in Tregarth ? I'm in Mynydd so just up the road and I'm restarting work on my van after 12 months layoff. Naff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well spotted that's indeed where I am! I just bought mine it was parked up by Pentir for sale, and after some umming and erring I bought it on Saturday. Cheers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah I'd seen it at the entrance to Rhyd y Groes but was banned from stopping to look! It looks pretty tidy. I've a shed load of tools so if you need anything (to borrow) just PM me. Mine is an ABL but loads of tools are common and also because I'm ancient I may have some knowledge of more odd ways of fixing things! Reg Cheeseman who posts on here is a good man to ask for anything engine wise but there are loads of members who are very savvy and who will give advice freely.
Naff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much appreciated, it definitely needs some attention to the body for sure, lots of surface rust on all arches, fuel filler cover, and by rear number plate, so I'm thinking a respray and rust sorted would be handy, my neighbour recommended Anchor in Bethesda, do you have any recommendations, that's something that is way out of my skill level and lack of garage! Just a few other niggles which I am hoping to sort coolant temp sensor (which I have ready to fit once I get some coolant and it stops raining!), indicator bulb works with ignition on, but if running it doesn't work, perhaps dying bulb or bad earth I hope- I'll have a look but not too much experience with car electrics, repair to hole in canvas, and fit a central locking actuator once it arrives.

Once I have that done, it should be good for a while, until I have worked out what I am going to do with it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And of course if I can give you a hand with anything I'm more than happy to help and I might learn a thing or two!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I have generally used Idris for a few years with a couple of Passat's that I have had, and they have been okay, I used Anchor once before and thought expensive. A friend recommended someone over Cerig way, bit of a mission over there, but I might give him a ring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For any mechanical jobs that I don't have the time for or don't fancy doing I use Arwel/Pandy. Take your time with the bodywork/ rust and you should crack it, loads of advice on here. I have welding gear here if things get serious and all the usual power tools should you need them. Usual conditions-- you bend it you mend it! Mechanical and electrical jobs are not that hard generally and like you I have no garage but do have a driveway.
Naff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're indeed right re the electrical issues well the one I had anyway, took indicator bulb out looked at it, all nice and shiny, put it back together and is now fine, perhaps it wasn't seated right.

Ooh I could do with guidance and a practice on something rusty that won't matter if I it up before tackling the van, having never done it! Very much appreciated it, I certainly would love to sort the rust myself to save on cash and learn new stuff. Of course usual rules apply always!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts