VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Previously; stevemadbiker
1,308 Posts
Sounds like a game of pot luck!
Have you asked them how they came to that conclusion and specifically why they refused Mpv?
Perhaps it would only be a minor amendment to your setup to satisfy them?
Hi
Too be honest my intensions were to make them explain their reasons as I was going collect as evidence as I could to prove their hit and miss approach to requests of this nature.
As I said I have some one who is buying my van so I needed to get my v5 back quickly, but I will try with my next van and will take it as far as I can.
You may be one of the lucky ones and they may let it slip through
steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's all eyes on London this year, I wonder if after the Olympics the attitude will relax at all ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
what i cant really get to grips with is my van has a tdi conversion in from a mk3 golf tdi ?? i can take the golf into london with no issues at all but cannt take my van in with the same engine cos of lez legislation who the [email protected]@k made these stupid childish rules need to be sent to the desert in saudi and shot
A:A:A:A:A:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have just had my t4 reclasified as an mpv, I have 2 seats up front and 4 in the rear and windows in the 2 sliding doors so I am going to reaply for exemption agiain as I run on 100% cooking oil and am dissabled, I will let you know when I get an answer,regards,bighook.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Good luck there big hook.

Keep applying, anytime you are turned down...write to them again, and again, and again...drown the dozy f4rts in paperwork...those of us who are still compliant...start writing and demanding assurances that no further changes will be made and asking for the changes to be reversed.

If you are nowhere near London...still write in...if they get away with this, it will be your town next.:bhd

Think of it like invasion of the T4 snatchers....."They're here!":eek:

DavidI:

·
Previously; stevemadbiker
1,308 Posts
I have just had my t4 reclasified as an mpv, I have 2 seats up front and 4 in the rear and windows in the 2 sliding doors so I am going to reaply for exemption agiain as I run on 100% cooking oil and am dissabled, I will let you know when I get an answer,regards,bighook.
Nice one you lucky so and so, again this highlights my earlier responses it is all hit and miss with the morons at DVLA.
T:T:

·
Registered
554 Posts
this is all bonkers??!! so adding windows/seats etc etc etc all change the exhaust output do they?
how can people get round this anyway and how come old aircooler baywindows that smoke, drink up petrol and dont have a catalitic converter are already exempt??:*

·
Registered
157 Posts
My ex AA van registered as a car is compliant, not that we will probably ever get to london in it. But if they ever do a LEZ in North Cornwall we'll be fine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's all set to change again in 2014 apparently, more LEZ's around the country is inevitable

·
Registered
342 Posts
Will let you know how I get it on as sent mine off last week. Got the usual two side windows but added double bongo sliding seats which turns into our bed. It's basiclly an 8 seater now so lets see what they say about this oneT:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I got the dreaded letter like most other people, as my 1.9td was registered as a panel van, I had every intention of changing it to a day van, so I did the usual strip out insulated and plied the interior panels, I then installed 2 captains seats in front and four matching seats in the rear,all of the seats came from a Renault Grand Espace as they can be folded right open to use as an occasional bed as well as this I put a window in each sliding door, after I called DVLA and asked them what I needed to do to get re registered I was told to send in four photos showing the conversion and one must include the number plate, then i sent it altogether with the log book, after about 3 weeks I got a new log book saying my van was now an MPV, I then sent the logbook the photos and a note saying that I now run the van on 100% veg oil, after about 2 weeks I got a letter saying that with the information they had received, my vehicle is now exempt from LEZ duty until 2018 when I suppose there will be some new nonsense issued to van owners.
At this time I feel all the hard work I put in was well worth doing and saved me loads of worry. Regards bighookT:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hello Bighook, still waiting for a decision on mine (DVLA) but fingers crossed I get the MPV classification. Just so I can follow suit who did you send it to the second time and is it just a copy of my V5 plus letter and photos T:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
It's all set to change again in 2014 apparently, more LEZ's around the country is inevitable
I wouldn't mind some Lezzies round here, just don't tell the missus I've got company I:

On a serious note, I got my V5 back recently changed to motorhome. I've done a complete conversion, but only put widows in the sliding door & opposite, so the rule that it needs to look like a campervan seems to be dependent on whether or not the jobsworth dealing with your application is in a good mood or not. I sent a copy of every receipt and over 80 photos, so maybe he just gave in under the strain.

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK no reply to my question from Bighook but...............

Got my logbook back today and it's now classed as an MPV :D
Checked on the TFL website and it still said Non compliant so gave them a quick call on 0207 310 8998 who checked again and stated it was a panel, after explaining I had reclassed it she checked again (I presume with DVLA) confirmed what I had said and then updated their system all within about 5 mins friendly and easy:D:D:D

Date
23 May 2012 to onwards

Status
Not Subject to LEZ

·
Registered
156 Posts
i recently put a row of 3 seats in the back. with seat belts, and i have rear windows including the tail gate. applied to dvla for re classification to mpy with photos. it came back as a window van with 6 seats on the log book. and explaied to me that if i put a cooker and sink in it they would classify it as a camper van, they would not put mpv on log book, hope this helps.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts