VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking at making my first purchase into the world of T5 campers early next year and would like a little advice on which way to go.

Firstly, a little about myself. I'm married with two young children (eldest is 5) and two dogs (Bulldog and English Bull) and would like enough room to be able to take all away at the same time.

I also do triathlons so would like a bike rack.

I've been trawling the internet and as far as I can see the best route to go down would be a lwb model with pop-top. I was also thinking an awning may be an advantage as well.

If anyone's got any ideas as well as recommendation on where to purchase from (we live in Hampshire) it would be gratefully received.

Cheers All

Matt

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
welcome along,as you say pop top,and an awning would tick your boxes.check the usual places such as ebay,gumtree,auto trader,pistonheads etc,watch all these sites over a few week period,to gauge prices,mileage,specs etc,that way you will soon know what you will be expecting to find for your money T:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bike racks are easier to fit to tailgates and tailgates are better for rear awnings in my experience (wish I still had one and not barn doors)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

What about dealers in the vicinity of Hampshire - anyone got any recommendations in that respect?

Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
from my experience choose van carefully having a good base to work up from is important ie: air con electric windows etc we have a swb with poptop roof sleeps kids upstairs and drive away awning , tailgate version best in my opinion plus towbar fitted cycle rack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts