VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Could anyone please recommend a good autoelectrician in Hull/York area.

Having nothing but trouble with a van just bought.....supposedly reliable:(.

List so far:
It keys over then will die killing all power.
When running fan doesn't kick in.
Alternator looks like its packed up.
Battery not charging
Temp/fuel gauge not working...nearly causing van to overheat (because of fans)
Hazards sort of work if you tap/aggle it.
Idicators sort of work if you tap/waggle it.
Lights turn themselfs off, then on again will sometimes come on if you indicate after they've gone off.
Van will die occasionally on a long or short run then eventually go again or not.

This was sold as a reliable van, I'm desperately in need of help. We've always wanted one and it was the means to take us on our honeymoon in September which is now looking like its going to be ruined.

Now left trying to get our money back, as we feel it was clearly misdescribed, ie "Very Reliable van".:(

Still looking for a van in the hope our remaining funds (which was also supposed to be paying for our wedding day) may stretch to something that will take us reliably away for 2 weeks around Scotland as we had hoped for.

Any help would be appreciated.

CT

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I always used Autotechnics at the top of micklegate near the bar.

But noticed the other day that they have closed, don't know if they moved premises or just shut up shop ??

Shame though, they were great. And pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame....just had a quick look in Phone book to see if they'd just moved but can't see them in there at all.

Thanks for replying anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else got any ideas, never needed one until now....

last auto electrician I ever had any dealings with was when a girl in a mini stopped outside my brothers shop to ask if we knew of one as she'd been quoted hundreds of pounds to repair her wiring harness.........he had a cursory look after she had told us what was wrong and all it was, was a fuse!!!!:eek:

We had a spare and gave her it for nothing.

Not very confidence inspiring....wish I could remember who it was do I could avoid them.:confused: and warn anyone else for that matter...lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya

Thanks for your reply... T: I see your based based just outside of Scarborough, about an hour away. Not too bad to travel, it would probably make it to you.....do you have a garage as such or are you mobile.

CT

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
hi try motech in goole hes prity good and there used to be one at selby called neil but dont know if hes still on the go, as for not charging and fans not coming on, have you checked the fuses next to battery , they look like strips of copper, i think there is 3 or 4 if they are blown the fan or charge wont work, what side of york are you at cos we have a couple of lads that live out that way that are sparkies from work, they do jobs on the sly,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts