VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the recycled plastic bottle insulation that everyone raves about, but can't find it anywhere. I've tried Wickes, B&Q, Homebase and screwfix locally (Banbury, Oxon) and none of them have it - any suggestions would be gratefully received...????????

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting very frustrated now! I went back to Banbury B&Q and asked if they had it in stock. They said they didn't have a forklift driver to check in the warehouse so to return tomorrow. I insisted they check if they had any to save me wasting a trip and the sales assistant came back saying it may be at the back of the warehouse but he can't tell without a forklift so it'd be tues before they knew!
So, I tried to order online for home delivery, only to be told that 'this item is no longer available' when at the checkout stage. WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO?!

Not having much luck in getting the van insulated....... :0:)*

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoorah! Via a search engine I've managed to get through again to the B&Q site where it's available for £17/roll rather than £16 and the order now works. Strange, but at least I've finally got some ordered. Thanks for your help guys..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys
PeteF Did you manage to fit the insulation in the end? I'm in the same boat myself now - just about to buy some of that plastic bottle insulation from B&Q..£17 a roll or 4 rolls for £50.
Any of you know how many rolls would you need to do sides and roof of a SWB?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for delayed reply: I got 2 rolled delivered successfully. I reckon 3 rolls would be ideal as I've not finished mine yet and almost at end of 2nd roll so I'll have to be careful. 4 rolls for £50 is the way to go IMO: better to have more than you need than not enough..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.