VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got a Eberspacher D2 diesel heater. It's used and need a few bits. Two questions:

1. Can I set it up to run on red diesel in a separate storage tank?

2. What is the best thermostatic controller and there seems to be lots. How much to setup for iphone controlled setup? If too much I won't bother.

Cheers,

Ells

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The best one in my eyes is the seven day controller that is this one

http://www.letonkinoisvarnish.co.uk/Eberspacher_Control_1.html

Fits in the slot above the ash tray ( that's where it's designed to go) so no bogdgery required and have a few more features than the square one, IIRC has a better programmable memory.

Be careful where you buy it from as some suppliers see the one with the days of the week on on German but don't tell you this. Not a huge issue but one to considerT:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The controller link did not show when I clicked it. Do you know which one it is?

I would like to mount the unit under the drivers seat and put a leisure battery there and the red diesel tank elsewhere. Then put my sub in the swivel double seat.

Can this be done or would the seat moving mess with the sub leads?

Does the D2 need to have a leisure battery to run or keep things topped up?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any pics of their setup using some form of fuel can using red diesel (doesn't it make more carbon build up in the heaters fins?) or kerosine/heating oil?

I would like to make a system where I can put the heater and leisure batt under the drivers seat but I'm unsure where to store the fuel can as I don't want it plumbed into the van tank.

Would I need a way of priming the the fuel like a pump on a chainsaw?

Where do you put the basic 701 controller?

·
Registered
451 Posts
my d2 runs great on red diesel,, I have a Honda express moped fuel tank under the bonnet that holds 5 ltrs that is mounted above the engine, and I take a plastic 5ltr can spare also. my heater is mounted inside the drivers seat and leisure battery inder the passanger seat , I opted for the 801 controller which is digital & has a blown cold air option also T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts