VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im planning on getting my back floor done this week. need to remove some runners and the seatbelt brackets. the small runner holes ive heard to just fill with sikaflex..? but larger seatbelt holes to either put the bolts back in and sikaflex around or get some bungs to fill them.
am i right so far??

then after im going to wire brush the floor (few little rust marks) and paint with either red oxide or hammerite.
is there any difference??:confused: apart from the colour of course I:

which is better??

any tips for what im planning to do would be much appreciated. T:

Dan

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
Hi, im planning on getting my back floor done this week. need to remove some runners and the seatbelt brackets. the small runner holes ive heard to just fill with sikaflex..? but larger seatbelt holes to either put the bolts back in and sikaflex around or get some bungs to fill them.
am i right so far??

then after im going to wire brush the floor (few little rust marks) and paint with either red oxide or hammerite.
is there any difference??:confused: apart from the colour of course I:

which is better??

any tips for what im planning to do would be much appreciated. T:

Dan
depending on how bad it is , hammerite do a red oxide primer that i would use 1st , preferably 2 coats, then a top coat of hammerite.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
As the subject is hammerite, I hope someone 'out there' can answer a question.

Just repainted the motorcycle trailer in what I thought was hammered white Hammerite but it looks very flat/smooth to me. Does hammered white look flat or could Hammerite have mislabelled a batch of paint? :confused: Cheers. :confused: Tony.

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
As the subject is hammerite, I hope someone 'out there' can answer a question.

Just repainted the motorcycle trailer in what I thought was hammered white Hammerite but it looks very flat/smooth to me. Does hammered white look flat or could Hammerite have mislabelled a batch of paint? :confused: Cheers. :confused: Tony.
they do flat/smooth also

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers. there isnt any bad rust, just a little orange in places, no holes or anything, just wanna prevent any rust from appearing really. any tips on filling the holes??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just removed all the panels in my van after being fitted nearly 4 years. I removed a full bulk head so had alot of bare metal which I just painted with 1 coat of red oxide primer. No sign of rust what so ever, so I think you'll be fine with red oxide paint.

thanks mate. will just do that then. T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts