VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which ones are they? are they cheap cheap ebay ones, Jamex, or CMC ? My van has been lowered before i bought it and the ride is terrible, really hard on the rear end. I'm sure my old van on CMC 60mm shocks and springs was much better( well i think from what i remember ). So I am going to invest in new springs probably T4RUS or CMC again but i want to know what they are before I potentially make the same mistake if it turns out they're already CMC or T4RUS. Do any of them say anything on them as to what they are? All i have seen so far without proper investigation is they're red..

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or is it worth paying nearly twice the price of the CMC's and get the Eibachs??

oh decisions decisions

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to check the ones I've got arent already CMC ones, do they say CMC on them? I'm sure they cant be though cos they're really rubbish and you would have had lots of complaints!

·
Registered
357 Posts
colese fitted me some cmc 60mm and they are mint, im sure they say cmc 60mm on them in black somewhere.or i might have dreamt it ;)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no my shocks are good or well should be i just replaced them as they were standards so got the CMC ones..

I'll have a closer look at the weekend see if i can see any markings at all

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have red springs in the back of mine, and apart from the fact that the rear end drops noticeably with any kind of weight in the back, they ride fine. I assumed they were the cheap Jamex/eBay variety as they were in when I bought them, but maybe they are cmc's. I'll be changing them for T4srus 85mm springs eventually, so will see if there's anything stamped on them then.

·
Banned
300 Posts
cmc springs aint bad but not quite heavy duty enough for low drop with weight i have used them loads of time .

if am honest the eibacs that tidytransporters sell are worth the money even put trailer on back of mine with another t4 on dropped very little nice ride to .

also he is only down road from you so am sure can fit them to .

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had just talked myself out of Eibachs until you said that, as I'm concerned they aren't going to take me low enough, they only drop 40-45 ish? ...Although I do have a nice set of 19" wheels I'm considering putting on so it might be better keeping it a bit higher, plus anything to make the ride more comfortable on 19's! I may invest in some GAZ shocks too and sell on the CMC shocks i just bought :confused:
How indecisive do i sound! LOL: ...Just want to get it right..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just dropped mine on Tidy T's Eibachs, top notch springs for the price. :ILU:

Just go with the Eibachs and if you want it lower take the top plates out. Rasp:

·
Registered
552 Posts
im running eibachs too , while they wont drop lower than the 40 ish mm they are a great spring and a great ride,

i was looking at springs on bluebirds stall in dubfreeze, as a comparison / illustration to a mate i gripped the cheap red springs i could move the coils a little by squeezing them, not a chance on the eibachs. the quality is waay better. buy right buy once, buy cheap buy twiceT:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've been running Eibachs for about a year now. Dead chuffed with the results. They soak up the small stuff and come into their own when the back's loaded up. Tows a caravan no probs. If you want a great quality spring that will deliver and won't leave you worrying about how much you can load your van up, Eibachs would be a great choice. I don't have any experience of any other springs so am unable to comment on others. You'll find lots of pics on here , but let me know if you want to see some pics of the how the van sits...

·
Banned
300 Posts
dont no about enough drop i am running 18s at the minute with them fitted and i only have around 2inch between wheel arch lip and top of tyre . there firm enough not to come close to hitting the archs to even with a fully loaded trailer no clearence issuses and i would no cause would rip my tyre to bits and arch LOL:

am running them with a old set of t4rus shortned shocks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts