VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1077 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well putting this up a bit late but here we go.

I got the van in June 08 with 7k miles on the clock. It wanted the 100bhp version with electric windows but I could live with manual windows and 88bhp for a non white van.
When I got the van the first thing i did was spray the wheels black and add an awning.

First day on the drive

Wheels sprayed, my shopping list and the mess in the back

It stayed like this for nearly two and a half years until I started to get bored I: Just before Christmas I got it remaped and ordered some coilovers

Next up I Lamin-X'ed my lights and sprayed my grill and wing mirrors
Front

Rear

Next up was a set of wheels. I did a test fit before getting them powercoated was wasnt sure if it was going to work but stuck with it.

While the wheels were away I painted my calipers black and did a little bit of spraying to the new center caps I had

Thrown together for a pics before tyres

Wheels on the van, sus hadn't settled from being jacked up tho. I also currently have wheel spacers on order.

Next up was the white awning was doing my head in, so myself and mate spent lets just say a fair few hours vinyl wrapping it!

Atm the back of the van is currently de-badged while I do a bit of a detail this week on nights. I have a matt black badge to go back on and my mate should be making me a nice Tranporter sticker out of some vinyl.
Things getting done soon are front and rear spoilers, colour code and a LHD drivers side wing mirror :ILU:

Think thats everything!

Shaun

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. Yeah its mad how much they can change it.

So during this week I have detailed the van a little using Poorboys glaze and wax and very happy with the results. Its not perfect, but then is going to be being in motocross paddocks every weekend.

Also put the black badge on the back, need to get some better pic's of the whole van to. Its booked in for painting the bumpers and a few other bits at the end of May

Been waiting on the spacers for a month now :/

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I wondered about leaving the bumpers standard but decided to get them sprayed, should finish it off once done :D

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have a pile of parts slowly gathering in the garage. A lil photoshop of how I want it sitting, duno how to acheive this on the front yet tho!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Looking very smart mateT: Body drop would make the front sit that low:ILU:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking smart mate, if your going for the black and red theme check out the smoked side repeaters on ebay! im rocking some.....its a cool extra little touch!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys T: Cant wait for the spacers to land and get it all painted up

Body drop would make the front sit that low:ILU:
I have thought about this but im running coilovers and im wondering if it would slide through the hub with the firmer ride, thoughts? Other idea's are smaller top bearings like the go on MK4 Golf's

Check out the smoked side repeaters on ebay! im rocking some.....its a cool extra little touch!
Thought about them but wondered how dark they may be and compaired to the headlights. May try Lamin-X'in them again I:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. 245/45/19, wanted 225/45/19 on the front but couldn't find anything at a reasonable price

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my spacers finally arrived today, not massive 10mm's front and 15mm's rear but its made a differance. Will drop it more when its on the ramps while getting sprayed. Sorry for the poor pics, was using my phone.

Front

Rear

Glad I didn't go for 20mm rears either! Bloody side door

I did however try a front and rear spacer together to see what it would look like. Door didn't even open half way.

Shaun

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheers guys T: Cant wait for the spacers to land and get it all painted up

I have thought about this but im running coilovers and im wondering if it would slide through the hub with the firmer ride, thoughts? Other idea's are smaller top bearings like the go on MK4 Golf's

Thought about them but wondered how dark they may be and compaired to the headlights. May try Lamin-X'in them again I:
Thats looking sweet mate! Yeh, looking at your headlights there quite a bit lighter than the ones im on about, the best way i could describe the color/shade is like brushed/weaved carbon fibre.

I still think it would look the mut's!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks dude. Got a proper pile of parts in the garage now, just want to get it all on! Think I have seen the ones on ebay, wouldn't mind some red ones tho. Will prob get them black ones and flog them if I dont like them, the orange ones are annoying me slightly

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do u have any problems being that low and carryin all your mx stuff? I really wanna slam my van but worried about it rubbing. mosta the time its empty but somtimes i have 3 bikes in mine and sometimes also have a trailor on aswel

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no probs when I carry; 2 bikes, 300l water and jet wash, 2 large kit bags and all the other stuff you take. Not scraped into a track yet either

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks that sounds good looks like ill be investing in some coilovers in the very near future. Which ones are you running if u dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm on fk's dude, wish I'd have gone for the hot tuning ones tho so I could go lower.

Splitter arrived last night, shocking photo tho

1 - 20 of 1077 Posts