VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my T4 with remap/intercooler and K&N etc already in place, and all is working fine, drives beautifully. However, I find the whoosh of air into the K&N quite intrusive, gets on your wick after a while in the cab. I don't have the original airbox etc as it didnt come with it, but I'd almost be tempted to refit it!!!

so questions - does the K&N actually make that much difference? (as in, if I was to refit original airbox etc instead)

or - anything I can do to cut down the noise coming into the cab?!

I'm interested in anything that will improve the soundproofing from the engine bay anyway!

Thanks all

Ben

·
Registered
57 Posts
best get on ebay and get a new air box,lol. im pretty sure u can buy k & n filters which just replace the original one. as for power, im not sure. obviously the fuel would have to be adjusted to suit the amount of air going in. i was thinking of getting one myself but i may hold back on that now after reading about the noise prob.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
standard airbox can flow more than enough air, youll hit limitations with fuel flow when remapped before the standard air filter and box becomes a limiting factor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i asked martin at pendle performance about if it was better to get one fitted before having it chipped, he said don't bother, won't make a difference!!

hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
im pretty sure u can buy k & n filters which just replace the original one.
You can indeed - email K & N for your local stockist.

My T5 does sound a little "inductiony" with the replacement & TBH, I would prefer the turbo whine I used to get from the T4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts