VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take out the interior door panel to get at the lock today.

When replacing the door panel the window regulator cables became detached when the carriers came off the rails.

Now can't reattach the window regulator cable as I can't get enough slack.

Is there a knack to this?

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had to take out the interior door panel to get at the lock today.

When replacing the door panel the window regulator cables became detached when the carriers came off the rails.

Now can't reattach the window regulator cable as I can't get enough slack.

Is there a knack to this?

View attachment 196609

Thanks in advance!
Hi, hope you’ve managed. I had to fix mine when one of the plastic runners snapped. (Don’t try to open the window a little when you have thermal blinds on the inside🤦‍♂️).
If you haven’t:
The cable is tight but there is a knack. There’s a video on you tube which although it’s a VW it’s not a transporter but the process is the same
. If the link doesn’t work the YouTube title is “How to fix VW door glass drop easy simple repair”.
Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, hope you’ve managed. I had to fix mine when one of the plastic runners snapped. (Don’t try to open the window a little when you have thermal blinds on the inside🤦‍♂️).
If you haven’t:
The cable is tight but there is a knack. There’s a video on you tube which although it’s a VW it’s not a transporter but the process is the same
. If the link doesn’t work the YouTube title is “How to fix VW door glass drop easy simple repair”.
Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the video it was useful to see how its done.

Unfortunately my regulator cable mechanism had over wound itself and was not to be salvaged.

Had to fit a new regulator.

Moral of the story is to be very careful not to over wined the window regulator when reattaching it to the window!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts