VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some good looking replacement LED rear clusters for my T4 and they don't have the integral reflector lens like the normal lights, so they supplied a pair of sticky-on square reflectors instead.

Problem is they do look very sticky-on I: any tips on how to get 'reflectored up' in a good looking more OEM style way? :D

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Those were genuine VW. They we're put on the van when new ( I had the original bill of sale when I bought the van off its first owner) .
They fitted really nicely too. They'd been on there about 11 years in that pic, as far as I know the vans new owner still has the same set up.

I just figured it kept it all legal, without putting stick on lumps of plastic on the van itself. I'd also thought that round reflectors on the mudflaps could look ok, just like old school bicycle rear reflectors or something.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have no LED-lights, but I do have some sticky-on reflectors. I think these are original as I have noticed these on at least one other t4 here in Belgium.

Really ugly imo.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no LED-lights, but I do have some sticky-on reflectors. I think these are original as I have noticed these on at least one other t4 here in Belgium.

Really ugly imo.
They do look same as the original UK ones (on left)

Reflector on original (left) one, no reflector built into the new (right) light! see this image here with the flash turned on the camera....

Does yours have a similar reflector if take a flash-photo? If so, I wonder if there used to be some weird "reflector must be separate" law for vans :*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts