VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, we have a lovely 2011 T5 T28 sat on the driveway, found one with only 66k on the clock and with a stamped full service book...Yeeeeeaaaaaa..

Now it's time for the Transformation. I seem to have the urge to get it from looking like a works van to something a bit smarter as soon as possible!

Already removed the bulkhead which was a bit of a pain in the , got there in the end though.

Bit late starting this but I'll show what I've done so far if anyone is interested?

And so the Journey begins

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am interested in how removing the bulkhead went , did you do it yourself ????.
Sure did, the bulkhead was easy to remove, just a series of bolts. It was the lower right, left and bottom fixing rails that were a pig to get out as they are spot welded to the inner bodywork!

Dad and I used a grinder, masonry chisels, a hacksaw blade with heavy duty gloves and good old brute force.. Just make sure you cover everything up before grinding.

You'll need to remove the seatbelts and plastic trim covers so get some orange plastic trim removal tools off eBay before you start, I paid about £3.50.

Before:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before I did the carpeting I planned out the Insulation & Sound deadening. Now I have decided to cover both sound deadening & sound absorption, two totally different things.

First I Covered the panels with Flashband From Screwfix: http://www.screwfix.com/c/building-joinery/seals-and-roof-treatment/cat850196#category=cat850196&brand=flashband This works ad the sound deadening, reducing road noise panel vibration.

Next I covered the panels with silver foil Bubble insulation (this helps keep warmth in the van) taped on with Duct tape .

Following on from that I then used roofing insulation to fill the gap (also for warmth) & then the bit most converters seem to forget, sound absorption. This is done with high density waterproof foam & the perfect product for this is interlocking workshop floor high density foam which is easily cut into shape.

covered the insides of the

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Mats are also pretty handy to lay in the van to kneel on, bit easier on the ol knees!

I also bought one of these from Screwfix (No I [email protected] work there), awesome little light for those late nights in the back... as its rechargeable its perfect in the back of the van as you can easily move it about wherever you want.http://www.screwfix.com/p/ae0183-rechargeable-led-work-light-10w-12-240v/1815D?kpid=1815D&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&kpid=1815D&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Lighting-_-Shopping%20-%20Lighting&gclid=CI26g_Kr78QCFWfItAodNjwAmA

·
Registered
67 Posts
Woo! You work fast! :eek: 9:30am the van was on the drive, by 11:30pm you had fitted the electrics insulated and carpeted and fitted windows!A: at this rate you'll be finished by next weekend LOL:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo! You work fast! :eek: 9:30am the van was on the drive, by 11:30pm you had fitted the electrics insulated and carpeted and fitted windows!A: at this rate you'll be finished by next weekend LOL:
Ha yeah, I know... Two weeks late starting the thread! Wish it was that fast!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Windows are in.

Purchased two sliders from veedub transporters online....

Had the holes cut by the local converters then took it home & fitted the carpeting, then took it back to the converters who had a window fitter bond them in. Gives a nice finish around the inside of the windows..#

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking good! Did they paint the bumpers on the van or did you take them off? Hoping to pick my van up Saturday, can't wait to get startedA:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts