VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bercow fan club
10,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,

I pay ten quid which gives me the option to "hide adverts", therefore, why the feck are you sneaking ads at the bottom of my page ?

You have my details so please forward a refund in respect of mis-selling me a feature that you now seemingly ignore.

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dear Forum,

I pay ten quid which gives me the option to "hide adverts", therefore, why the feck are you sneaking ads at the bottom of my page ?

You have my details so please forward a refund in respect of mis-selling me a feature that you now seemingly ignore.

Thanks.

I’ll give you £2.50 if you sell some T5 bits on my behalf, I’ve already been given a dressing down by the Nazi police for breaking forum rules!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,051 Posts
I’ll give you £2.50 if you sell some T5 bits on my behalf, I’ve already been given a dressing down by the Nazi police for breaking forum rules!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not my rules

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
We have had this problem before. - adds showing to subscribers.

They fixed it last time but it’s broken again.

·
Super Moderator
9,051 Posts
"The rules" say, I pay I get no ads. Could it be a breach of contract.
Don't feel special as I appear to be getting them as well. I've just checked my settings and it clearly states no adverts but as you say, at the bottom of the screen there is clearly an advert :*

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
Rules also say you have to be a paid up member to advertise stuff for sale yet I keep seeing forsale ads not in the classifieds section and posted by non paid members

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Rules also say you have to be a paid up member to advertise stuff for sale yet I keep seeing forsale ads not in the classifieds section and posted by non paid members
This must be the only pay site that I know of,you can advertise free in a lot of places now anyway

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Truth is since the forum takeover it’s gone downhill massively.
There are no Admin on anymore and only 2 Moderators ‘Policing’ the forum and both of us are self employed and don’t get paid a penny to do the forum stuff.
Most things slip through the net nowadays.

BJ

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
This must be the only pay site that I know of,you can advertise free in a lot of places now anyway
your choice to pay, iirc it used to be pay-to-see not pay for a 'spangly-badge':*

just think of how much money the origonal forum starter/owner made? at the peak, there were how many members paying their tenner to contribute:ILU:
a forum without content is nothing, its a great busness plan to persuade people to pay so that they can entice more members to pay to contributeI:

There are no Admin on anymore and only 2 Moderators ‘Policing’ the forum and both of us are self employed and don’t get paid a penny to do the forum stuff.
always the same after new ownership:(
I used to be a member, moderate then admin an airrifle manufacturers ownersclub (the AirArms Owners Club as was:cool:, not it's current sad version:( ) from its origin in about 2006/7 untill 2011ish

as is said above, its a thankless job at times and in some cases (as the AAOC) was completely voluntary with the only perks being the ability to 'edit' some posts for extreme amusement I:

Rich.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
both of us are self employed and don’t get paid a penny to do the forum stuff.

BJ
Why do you it Jay ? :*

I've seen this place go downhill mate.
I've never been a paid up member but have contributed through content over the last few years .
It does seem awfully quiet on here some days now and ive thought about frequenting somewhere with abit more 'life' in it just lately . :(

Sad but true .

·
Bercow fan club
10,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Most things slip through the net nowadays.

BJ
Indeed it has. Only reason I pay is to be ad free, like Netflix as opposed to sky that charge and still bombard with ads.

I’ll take it up with the owners as all paying members should be refunded for "mis-selling" facilities that they now choose to trash.

·
Bercow fan club
10,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You’ve now taken my membership payment, I have a badge but non of the paid for privileges.

What the f*** is going on ?

Sort it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
You’ve now taken my membership payment, I have a badge but non of the paid for privileges.

What the f*** is going on ?

Sort it out. Thanks.

was it paid with card or paypal?

claim refund due to goods / services not as described:*

I stand by my many comments about forums being nothing without contributing membership and I refuse to pay for the privilage of assisting people who I have never met OR will not meetT:

also its more fuckin Scene-tax and as I own a t4, mk2 golf & 2 off B3 Passats (also breaking my B4 Passat) I get collared with enough of thatI:

Rasp:

Rich.

·
Bercow fan club
10,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
was it paid with card or paypal?

claim refund due to goods / services not as described:*

I stand by my many comments about forums being nothing without contributing membership and I refuse to pay for the privilage of assisting people who I have never met OR will not meetT:

also its more fuckin Scene-tax and as I own a t4, mk2 golf & 2 off B3 Passats (also breaking my B4 Passat) I get collared with enough of thatI:

Rasp:

Rich.
Noted ! Yeah, will do.

I’ve noticed ridiculous prices for vw related items of late. It always was bad but it’s taking the piss on a massive scale now.

T:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts