VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to plump & order a Reimo 333 sliding seat/bed for a Lwb T5, some advice on which width to go for would be appreciated, eventually the van will have a Waeco CR40 fridge (with the compressor relocated to free up some space) fitted.

So do I try & squeeze in a 1280mm width 3seater or go for a 1160mm 3seater width which I know will comfortably fit, I'd prefer a the wider but if anybody knows if it won't work then that would be appreciated.

The Reimo website doesn't make a lot of sense & all the uk suppliers (that I've spoken to) list them as different sizes within 4-5cm differences in most cases & nobody will commit to exact sizes?

Cheers Chris

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi Buy mine!

It's a vario tech so has a carriage, and boards on top.

You trim the boards to the width you want. It's still crash tested as that's the way they are built.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm currently trying to work this out too. I want to fit the Smev 9222 sink/hob and have the widest 3 seater possible on rails.
Think I could probably fit a 1210mm seat and have space for the cupboards and fridge.

Looking at some of the vans at shows one of the limitations seems to be the shape of the van, specifically the 'C' pillar, and the clearance to the backrest when you slide it forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like we are both aiming for the same thing, but again you've come up with another size of seat, this is the problem, I'm fairly sure the Smev won't fit with anything wider than the 1160 seat as the Smev is 370 wide & the van is only 1620 across the c pillars.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Add another one aiming for the same thing. Well timed post as I'm having exactly the same dilemma - getting basic info like consistent Reimo Variotech bed widths seems more difficult that it should be.

Also on the same vein, at what point above a certain Reimo bed width do you need the step out in the units for a 50 litre (either CR50 or the Vitrofrigo fridge)?

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm going with a Caravelle rear seat system on sliders on a SWB with the same SMEV sink/hob unit and cabs. The best width the fitter said he could get for us was a 1200mm 2 seat configuration width.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having looked at the measurements between the CR40 & CR50 fridge I decided that for the small increase on fridge size on the CR50 that I would rather have the slightly smaller CR40 & relocate the compressor giving a shallower depth in cupboard space. I know it means that I will have a smaller sink/hob but I can live with that.

That's when I thought getting a larger width seat/bed would be nicer for the rest of the time when it's my work/family van. I must admit I'm quite surprised how difficult it is, I admit that most companies don't want to give to much away as it's their trade but even the people I would like to buy the seat from can't be sure what will fit & what won't (yes they are a professional outfit ;-)). Given the amount the seats cost I'm also surprised that the Reimo website is so vague.

Has anybody out there got a 3 seater Reimo they could give any info/pro's or con's as to sizes?

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
After many hours of research I had a 2 seater installed in my van. This was to maximise cupboard space and practicality. Ultimately it comes down to what you need the van to do for you. I did consider a 3 seater, but felt it too much of a squeeze! As for seat widths....

The sliding version is available in 1110mm for two person, three person available in 1160mm, 1210mm, 1230mm, 1280mm, 1360mm 1410mm and 1480mm.

Question?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I'm thinking the 1160 3 seater is going to give me the best of both worlds between camper & everyday van. Having looked at 1280 3 seater today with a slimline cupboard set up it's not going to give enough camper space with the bigger seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4 in total, 2 adults, one 5yrs (still in a car seat) & one 18 months, no more planned but I'm thinking long term & would prefer 5 seats anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are family of 5. Configuration is a double swivel up front and 2seater 333 in the rear. The narrow 3 seater in rear will put a lot of people off as it's too narrow to be a real 3 seater. Just my thoughts though! Have you got someone experienced at fitting one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Van is a Lwb & will spend the majority of it's time in the forward position, I see what your saying about the 2 seat configuration over the 3 seat given the space available, what sort of cupboard set up have you got? It will be me fitting it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Venture - I'm only 10 mins the other side of Banbury. If you want to come and see how the 333 1160mm triple seat fits in a LWB van with a CRP 40 fridge then please come across. Its F tight and you need to mount the rails a bit on the wonk to make it work otherwise the RHS of the seat will clout the fridge door. I fitted mine myself and let the convertor do the cupboards later.

The seat still has the parts number sticker on it and I've still got all the invoices with part numbers handy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Go wide.

Not Reimo, but I went for the 130mm triple RIB seat/bed in my LWB. We wanted as much bed width as possible as she's an active sleeper and I'm a light sleeper. Also went RIB so that we could spec a longer-than-standard bed as we're both pretty tall too.

It does limit your cupboard space but we manage no probs (ignore the big box of food - that was a 3-week tour in the Alps and I eat like a horse).

One thing I'll say is I can't imagine a narrower seat accomodating 3 folk across in much comfort. There's only 3 of us with my daughter still only 18 months and in a car seat, but I've carried 2 adults in the back often and once had 2 adults and a kid in the back. Poor kid was jammed in the middle.

Pics if this helps:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bobley- that would be ace, what you've got there looks just what I'm trying to achieve. If it would be possible to come & have a little look at yours then I would be very grateful, I'm on 07866 964069 just send me a text & we can work out when's good for you.

Ally- nice looking set up there, I must admit I do like the RIB seats (& the cost is much nicer) but for me as my van is my everyday transport I really like the idea of it still being car like with the seats closer together, really appreciate the photo's, thank you. I might try & see if I can make the extra width some how work as your seat does look more useable for 3 persons.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Txt sent.

You cant fit a 130cm full slider as it clouts the C pillar. Instead you fit the 1120 seat and add a padded shelf 180mm wide and end up with a loverly 1330mm bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very grateful for these responses, very useful.

Bobley - sorry, just to clarify do you mean you have a 1120 wide seat or 1160?

So if one was to go with a bigger 50 litre fridge, other than the step out in the unit needed does that work with a 1160 seat? Does the step out cause any seat/bed positioning issues on a LWB?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts