VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
thats pretty good got anymore info on this item like how it fits and how much it is and it is designed for t4,s or just multi vehicle fitment
can this be fitted into the channels on a normal roof?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the one I have seen it has 2 substantial rails with slots. These just bolt to the roof& sit pretty low. The fitting pieces then slot in & the bars slot onto them.
It all looks pretty sturdy & tidy. The fitting pieces & bars can be removed leaving only the low profile rails.
Fitted
http://www.reimo.com/cgi-bin/r31msvc_menue.pl?var_hauptpfad=../r31/vc_reimo/&var_datei_selektionen=20090718/84511521974a61da8da7f7b2.dat&var_variable_uebergabe=/r31/vc_reimo/bilder/firma16/artikel/popup/41222_popup.jpg&var_html_folgemaske=popup_produkt_bild.html

It seems to be a reasonable DIY fit if you are not to scared of drilling holes in your van.
The image above uses short rails but they could be 2m & go the length of the van
This is the price info I have so far from CMC in Kent
www.conceptmulti-car.co.uk

The Reimo 'Aktiv' rails are £33.40 per 2m length including VAT and the fitting system with 2 x cross bars (if required) is £117.30 inc. VAT. Carriage is £19.55 inc. VAT.

The parts are all in stock so please give me a call on 01303 261062 is you would like any of it sent.

Our fitting charge is £120 plus VAT

·
Registered
654 Posts
it all sounds good to me but my biggest problem is i want the option of fitting roof bars when i need them do i go for this system or just buy another multi rail to fit the other side of my roof ??

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you already have a Multi rail and roof bars then a second rails is what...!00quid ish.
Aktiv system the bars come on & off easily but 200quid ish

How well will your rack feet clamp to the multi rail?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just fitted my rails and the cross bars this week end to my pop top. I had to drill and countersink the holes in the rail and in the roof. The cross bars clamp with 2 pieces of stainless steel. I carried some 6x4 18mm ply on them so far. They seem easy to take on and off but the clamps where slightly crudely cut.
I chose them because they seemed best to spread out the load on the fibre glass roof. Want some photo's? Email [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts