VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. first post :)

I am about to attach a Reimo Multirail to my T5 and am finding conflicting information with regards to the type of Sikaflex to use on the job. Bought the rail from Nomad Campervans who usually sell it with a cartridge of Sikaflex 221 which is a sealant. The German instruction leaflet suggests Sikaflex 252 which is a powerful adhesive..

The rail will not be used to bear weight, just for an awning. I would be happy not to use the super strong adhesive in case i would like to take it back off (or screw the DIY job up!!).

Who has got any experience with this kind of thing, I really appreciate any help. Alternatives are welcome as well as the Sikaflex 252 costs almost £30!

Cheers fellas..:)

Julian:ILU:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi everyone.. first post :)

I am about to attach a Reimo Multirail to my T5 and am finding conflicting information with regards to the type of Sikaflex to use on the job. Bought the rail from Nomad Campervans who usually sell it with a cartridge of Sikaflex 221 which is a sealant. The German instruction leaflet suggests Sikaflex 252 which is a powerful adhesive..

The rail will not be used to bear weight, just for an awning. I would be happy not to use the super strong adhesive in case i would like to take it back off (or screw the DIY job up!!).

Who has got any experience with this kind of thing, I really appreciate any help. Alternatives are welcome as well as the Sikaflex 252 costs almost £30!

Cheers fellas..:)

Julian:ILU:
I fitted mine yesterday with the supplied self tapping screws and some 221 which I had left over from fitting the spoiler. Went to have a look today and its well and truly stuck on there. I've not tried it but I suspect I could hang off there Indiana Jones style and it wont budge!

Fitting it was straight forward enough but its much easier with an assistant. I also recommend getting a decent drill bit, set the speed low and don't push too hard when you're drilling the holes.

I got mine from Camper Shop who have a handy fitting guide on their site if you get stuck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the replies, my rail was supplied without adhesive, I ended up using Sika 221 and it worked a treat!
There are about twelve screws alltogether so that rail is not going anywhere!

Drilling into my van was the dodgy bit but it turned out to be no problem. Even if one or two of the holes are not that accurate, the self-tapping scews sorted it all out. It came with a German instruction manual, lucky I am German I:

Thanks guys could not have done it without your reassurance..

Erbse

·
Registered
65 Posts
I fitted mine yesterday with the supplied self tapping screws and some 221 which I had left over from fitting the spoiler. Went to have a look today and its well and truly stuck on there. I've not tried it but I suspect I could hang off there Indiana Jones style and it wont budge!

Fitting it was straight forward enough but its much easier with an assistant. I also recommend getting a decent drill bit, set the speed low and don't push too hard when you're drilling the holes.

I got mine from Camper Shop who have a handy fitting guide on their site if you get stuck.
Thanks for link! It confirmed that SWB reimo rail I ordered turns out to be a LWB version... hence the problem fitting. When I get the right rail I'll be better prepared to fit the thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.