VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
you can get them from fishbrain camping and leisure he is a member on here think his names mark im after one type in search box khyam awnings and a load of threads should come up. you will find him in there or type fishbrain camping and leisure into google. on the site go to awning attachments and hey presto theres what you want :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one chaps i will get onto fish brain then , i have opted for the multi rail as i want to do the job once and cant be arsed to mess around with a bit of awning track for a caravan as it would look awful

·
Registered
683 Posts
Got mine from the camper shop, the service was excellent, can't praise them enough! Not to mention that the adhesive etc comes as part of the kit from the campershop

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Yeah, got mine from campershop too. Everything you need included and cheapest i have found. Lovely rail and everyone told me to get one and i have to say they were all right it is excellent and makes fitting an awning so easy!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got my rail from campershop in the end ordered it yesterday late morning and it turned up this morning , yes it was cheaper from there in the end so tomorrow i am going to fit , so any tips on fitting

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a Reimo Multi rail from fish brain took 3 working days to get to me and the instructions came in German so I had to come on to the T4 forum to get a English translation. but it was easy to fit! the only problem i had was this weekend at Camper Jam as I was taking the Awning down the back finishing cap came off! but i found it on the floor so will glue it back on. works really good, i need to buy another now for the drivers side so i can get roof bars un less there is a better way of doing it?

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I bought a Reimo Multi rail from fish brain took 3 working days to get to me and the instructions came in German so I had to come on to the T4 forum to get a English translation. but it was easy to fit! the only problem i had was this weekend at Camper Jam as I was taking the Awning down the back finishing cap came off! but i found it on the floor so will glue it back on. works really good, i need to buy another now for the drivers side so i can get roof bars un less there is a better way of doing it?
Lol, my endy piece fell off too. Chris (Big Bad Bear) told me it would happen as did desp dan. I just drilled and countersunk then use the black screw left over and used loads of the black mastic supplied.

Chris also said seal the ends with mastic where the end trims join, his leaks there too!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i ftted mine on fri did,nt fit it purposely because of the above but i will countersink and screw it on also good peice of kit though T:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i finally fitted it today took me a couple of hrs start to finish and i stikaflexed and screwed the end piece on, well impressive and looks the part on the van , i might buy another one for the other side that way i wont have to remove my headlining again to fit roof rails this way easy fix just have my roof bars attached to these when i need to use them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there,

I went to Glossop Cavarns and got a J rail, cost me £ 10 for 2 meter strip.

Brought a Rivet gun and rivets for £ 5, some trade silicone.

Took me about 15 mins to drill 7 small holes and rivet the rail to the van, sealed it and cleaned it up, now looks really good, as if it was a part of the Van.

All for £ 19.

Been outin the Van and had the Awning attached to it loads of times, A perfect job, no movement.

PROPER JOB.

adam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts