VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.

I am about to convert my T5 and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on the Reimo multirails. Are they worth having? Can they still be fitted if you have aReimo elevating roof ? Are they a pain if you want to leave your awning standing and leave a camp site?

My van is a lwb. I guess that you can get them for a lwb?

Regards
Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts
We fitted a rail last year and camped throughout the summer .Although expensive worth every penny and dont be put off by the fact it dosnt look like it will ever bend to the shape of the van, it does and dont fit too low as the side door can catch when opening and shutting it , we also bought figure 8 poles and webbing .Fishbrain supplied a fantastic awning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK..T:.. I am convinced.. Where do i get one from? i'm in the south west.. Liskeard Cornwall to be precise.. Are they easy to fit DIY or worth having someone fit? seems they are about £160 is that a fair price? Jay

·
Registered
569 Posts
You can get them from http://www.camperconversions.com/ down your end of the world. Expect nearer £200 though for the LWB version.

I have one on our LWB with a Reimo poptop and it's great, we use it with a Kyham motordome. Quite an easy DIY fit if you're a little handy, you'll need 2 people available though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts