VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my camper has a reimo pop top and it bangs about well down bumpy roads. Camper is LWB to theres a length thats unsupported.

Is this typical? I'm currently using some thick foam pipe lagging to prevent this - just wondered what others do? Wondering whether to put the pillows up there to fill the space between the bed and roof...

Paul

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine's a lwb reimo too but no rattles or bangs to be heard, just the occasional creak from body twist when driving slow down uneven roads/paths that I need to investigate at some point.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think its the roof as thats firmly secured - I think its the bed moving slightly on bumpy roads which is why using some foam seems to stop it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same sort of issue coming for the rear end near the scissor hinges. Check all the nuts are tight on the hinge mechanism itself, as they do loosen as you lift and lower the roof. I had a few loose, but once tightened, the knocking stopped. T:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mines LWB Reimo. Had loads of problems with creaks & banging. Curred most creaks with extra rivets/self tappers where front strengthening frame meets side strengthening frame. And a few extra ones along the sides where the new frame goes over what's left of the old roof.
Knocking/banging from rear was because one hinge appeared to be made slightly different to the other. Really hard to describe, when the hinge goes down the nuts slot into little semi circle cutouts in the hinge arm. One of mine did not have a cutout, therefore the nut tapped on the hinge everytime I went over a bump.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I went round my Reimo roof and tightened up all of the nuts and bolts, both those securing the roof to van and all of the hinge ones. Made a big improvement.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I'll check all the bolts. DO i need to pull away to roof lining or are they all visible from the outside? I've not looked yet...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all - much quieter now I've nipped up all the bolts and allen key fitting. T:

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Damb....wish I'd gone for a Reimo and not my quiet cheap Westdubs poptop...really feel I am missing out I:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts