VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..on ebay I got beat with my ridiculous bid of £7OO by someone payng £75O:eek: HOLY COW! for a very early secondhand seat, thtas just obscene! my bid was stupid that one was loopy!

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a multivan seat in the classifieds (not me) - Variotech seats do come up occasionally - there were 2 or 3 on ebay at the start of our 'summer' that went for under £500, but never when you ready for them of course........

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Maybe it's just me but we have a memory foam topper and a duvet type topper on ours and i still find it rather firm. Get the impression (from people i've spoken to) that not many people lie directly on top of the seat/bed.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Maybe it's just me but we have a memory foam topper and a duvet type topper on ours and i still find it rather firm. Get the impression (from people i've spoken to) that not many people lie directly on top of the seat/bed.
Sorry dude i'm not with you on this one - I find mine comfy as! Im sure it's just a normal piece of foam too.

:(

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Sorry dude i'm not with you on this one - I find mine comfy as! Im sure it's just a normal piece of foam too.

:(
Thought there would be a few people who disagree, my fella sleeps ok on it.

Guess i'm just being a wimpy girlie:D

Trace:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm tempted once again to ditch my multivan seat and go variotech route. I find the seat bed uncomfortable without a topper.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
In my opinion wouldn't be much comfier and alot of money to fork out. We bought ours from a conversion company who were selling it and it was in fab condition but so glad we didn't pay full price. They are a really safe seat/bed but comforthsy: Any chance you could try one out before you buy (friends etc).

Tra:)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks for the reply. From a quick read around the multivan and variotech seem to have the same sort of qualities. Both great seats that make an OK bed. Over the last 2 years I've probably spend 8 months sleeping on my multivan bed and it just has to have a topper on it.

The other thing I liked was the city van type layout and it seemd I might be able to get that with a variotech. That and it would slide..... If the multivan seat could do the sliding that would be cool.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RE : If the multivan seat could do the sliding that would be cool.
You could get that with the T5 interior with the rails
Would be safe and tested too

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had a Variotech fitted in my van for 3 years now mostly being sat on at the moment by the kids. If I was to buy again I'd only buy the frame/plastic covers and runners. You should be able to make some good savings by doing the rest yourself. As I remember seat covers alone were 250 in inca cloth:eek:

Hope this helps

Nigel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts