VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Definately look the part those. Very nice indeed. I would be tempted if it wasn't for the half painted Fondmetals I currently have.

Just a query. Could you go for a slightly wider tyre on the back before trashing the arch?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Definately look the part those. Very nice indeed. I would be tempted if it wasn't for the half painted Fondmetals I currently have.

Just a query. Could you go for a slightly wider tyre on the back before trashing the arch?
yes mate as long as you stayed with a 40mm drop..215 or maybe a 225 would still be ok!..have to say though you would be under the arch and tread would be just legal

the 205/60's that are fitted i have to say do look good,and fill the arch nice..T:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, Would like to introduce myself as a new member of the remotec club :) put mine on this afternoon, damn I love them. Will get pictures up when the upload form starts working. One question how do I regain the use of my sliding door?

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hey, Would like to introduce myself as a new member of the remotec club :) put mine on this afternoon, damn I love them. Will get pictures up when the upload form starts working. One question how do I regain the use of my sliding door?
with some serious slider rail modding...:ILU:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
well, if its those 9x16 (ET 15?'s) that you bought off Buster, then you have quite a big job on your hands :D

he did tell you didn't he ? my similar 9 x 16 wheels stick out more than my 10J ET 30's....you are going to need a sizeable wedge in there my friend, as when i tried with the rubber washer mi larky, the door is so heavy it was twisting the runner down :ILU:

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
well, if its those 9x16 (ET 15?'s) that you bought off Buster, then you have quite a big job on your hands :D

he did tell you didn't he ? my similar 9 x 16 wheels stick out more than my 10J ET 30's....you are going to need a sizeable wedge in there my friend, as when i tried with the rubber washer mi larky, the door is so heavy it was twisting the runner down :ILU:
as above mate...

my slider rail spacer is about as far as you can go with the rail..any wider and the door would have to be opened in a different way..

My wheels are also 9j et15!

i have also removed the small rubber bung at bottom of door and grinded down this part of the door flush..

slider rail is a projektzwo one ment for a lhd van,flipped and custom fit..not a quick job i tell you..my door still caught my wheels after fitting this..i have now had to replace all of my rollers on sliding door and the door now just opens with a few mm to spare..

good luck mate you have some work ahead of you..:D

·
Registered
81 Posts

Yeah they were busters ones although I believe the offset was higher like 43 or something (could be very wrong) and they do stick out a fairly large amount. I think id need a couple of cm to have it run clear. Does anyone have any idea how i would go about doing this? ie which parts id need to wedge etc

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah they were busters ones although I believe the offset was higher like 43 or something (could be very wrong) and they do stick out a fairly large amount. I think id need a couple of cm to have it run clear. Does anyone have any idea how i would go about doing this? ie which parts id need to wedge etc
mate those wheels are definatly not et43..:eek:..

they are 9j et15 or 14 without a doubt no questions asked..they are the same size as my rears..T:

i bet the tyres (tread) are even stuck outside the arch?...which in turn is illegal?

feel free to call me tomorrow mate and i will talk you through it..

zwo wwedge is about 130 euro shipped from germany or make your own...T:

·
Registered
81 Posts
mate those wheels are definatly not et43..:eek:..

they are 9j et15 or 14 without a doubt no questions asked..they are the same size as my rears..T:

i bet the tyres (tread) are even stuck outside the arch?...which in turn is illegal?

feel free to call me tomorrow mate and i will talk you through it..

zwo wwedge is about 130 euro shipped from germany or make your own...T:
Ah bugger yeah they most certainly are stuck out from the wheel. I wasn't aware of that though.

thats what im dealing with. Could you pm me your number?

·
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ah bugger yeah they most certainly are stuck out from the wheel. I wasn't aware of that though.

is the tread stuck out past the arch?....if so this is illegal hence why people with wide wheels run stretch...T:

my number is 07917830378 give me a ring mate in the morning and i will help you out and get you sorted...T:

to sort pics mate...upload to photobucket,the click on the img of the pic at the bottom and copy and paste in here..T:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
is the tread stuck out past the arch?....if so this is illegal hence why people with wide wheels run stretch...T:

my number is 07917830378 give me a ring mate in the morning and i will help you out and get you sorted...T:

to sort pics mate...upload to photobucket,the click on the img of the pic at the bottom and copy and paste in here..T:
Si will sort ya out fella...if you are skint, there is always the wedge i made out of oak version...considerably more faffy but prob cheaper too..:ILU:

it will be worth it in the end though ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Rich ??:*
Dude you were fully aware of the tyres and how much poke they had on them mate because we discussed this. We also discussed that you will need to do modifications to get them on properly when you were to lower van in the future.
You also mentioned that you were willing to leave your van at -40mm with lowering springs that you have and then wear the rubber down on those proxes untill you could afford some 205/45 or 50 /16's.
You saw what they looked like on my velle fella. Get those chunky tyres worn out, get some sexy stretched tyres on um and you'll be laughing dude!
We also discussed the rail wedge mod, how much you were going to lower the van and what you would need to do to the wings.
Mate, you have one very lush set of wheels there and don't you forget that, get your van slammed and show these guys how to euro a T4 in style!
Then get ya bus painted T:
Get yourself to the local scrappy and you can find any of the tyres that you needand for cheap!
I just don't think it's right how youre kinda trying to play a bit dumb here dude and make me look like a complete tw*t. We discussed everything BEFORE the sale and I even made sure you knew what you were taking on before I took any form of payment from you!
Good luck with the modifications and get your van slammed! ..... Then of course you will need GAZ adjustable suspension when you slam to accomodate the lowering of such a drop.

Peace:ILU:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rich ??:*
Dude you were fully aware of the tyres and how much poke they had on them mate because we discussed this. We also discussed that you will need to do modifications to get them on properly when you were to lower van in the future.
You also mentioned that you were willing to leave your van at -40mm with lowering springs that you have and then wear the rubber down on those proxes untill you could afford some 205/45 or 50 /16's.
You saw what they looked like on my velle fella. Get those chunky tyres worn out, get some sexy stretched tyres on um and you'll be laughing dude!
We also discussed the rail wedge mod, how much you were going to lower the van and what you would need to do to the wings.
Mate, you have one very lush set of wheels there and don't you forget that, get your van slammed and show these guys how to euro a T4 in style!
Then get ya bus painted T:
Get yourself to the local scrappy and you can find any of the tyres that you needand for cheap!
I just don't think it's right how youre kinda trying to play a bit dumb here dude and make me look like a complete tw*t. We discussed everything BEFORE the sale and I even made sure you knew what you were taking on before I took any form of payment from you!
Good luck with the modifications and get your van slammed! ..... Then of course you will need GAZ adjustable suspension when you slam to accomodate the lowering of such a drop.

Peace:ILU:
I know man, wasn't complaining about them just asking for advice :p as wasn't sure which way to go about it sorting it. Just my luck though one of the centre caps came loose on the way to work this morning and is now lost forever :( Luckily I have a spare set of the wheels and caps though

41 - 60 of 225 Posts