VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my van remapped from 102BHP by PRT Vehicle Solutions LTD in Royston today.

WOW.. what a difference!!

Paul from PRT was friendly and helpful and the result is amazing. Money well spent!!

I would seriously recommend doing this if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Nice one,

What power did you opt for as i am looking into getting my 102 mapped.

Did a smooth torque get mapped in as we know the 5 speed box is not built for huge power?
Had my T5.1 2.0 TDI done last week. The before and after where 82bhp to 151bhp. Wow she pulls great. I did voice my concerns to Martin at Pendle about the extra torque/power and what the drive train can take and the answer was that his maps are smooth were the torque is applied gradually and not too aggressive.

Oh yeah, don't forget that the gas pedal works both ways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Have recently driven a 140bhp 6 Speed that has been mapped to 180bhp, WOW is all i can say. The midrange is unreal and it pulls so well throughout the gears.

I just wish i had that extra gear to play with.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around 160bhp so over 50% increase but this agent doesn't have a rolling road to get an exact figure. I have the generic tried and tested software update I suppose which is fine by me. I've read so much good stuff about Pendle I trust them.

Van just feels so much better particularly up hill in 5th gear. Having to change down in the past was such a drag and my main reason for wanting this.

I don't intend to thrash it about like a rude boy racer. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts