VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Would really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on why my poorly little van won't go.

The van has been running fine for months. Just completed my regular oil change and been up and down the COuntry as I usually do.

It's a vw t5 2005 2.5pd shuttle.

I had been thinking about a remap for some time as heard gd
Things about improved economy etc. I only get 400miles to a tank on a mixed run,

A few fellow friends with similar vans had had their vans remap by a local firm. No issues and pleased with results.

Van booked in and a dropped off. Didn't hear anything that day and when I spoke to them finally I got some bad news.

The van had been remapped. Started, driven 100yards down the road and then when into limp mode before stalling completely.

They eventually got van back under limp mode. Recovered the ecu back to standard settings and still won't run properly. It's just starts eventually, run ruff for a few seconds before stalling.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Who did it? Their word that they only drove it 100 yards is a tad suspect. They probably drove it to within an inch of it's life after the map as a test run, and something went pop, ie camshaft and followers.
All speculation and guesswork of course. I'm guessing yours is high mileage?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres whats happened so far,

The van has 100,000 on clock. New turbo, oil cooler and camshaft last year.

The original garage returned the van to standard map, still no joy.

All fault codes were checked, just one relating to a oil sensor on sump (common apparently) Sensor replaced and now fault code free.
Fuel filter replaced. Turbo Hoses, breather hoses and exhaust blockages. Fueling checked and immobilizer working fine.
All general mechanical checked

Quantum who provided the laptop and remapping software are now involved and have checked the file used to remap. No issues there. They under warranty finally that the vehicle can be returned to a main dealer who can program the vehicle with a standard VW file.

It arrives at VW main dealer and they undertake general tests and checks.

They program the ecu with the standard file, check the immobilizer and key, no issues.

They do have programs communicated with the ecu when they perform a complete wipe and reprogram but any simple map updates go on fine and report no errors.
Ecu pins, MAF and other parts are swapped in with no improvement

They technical data is sent back and fourth to Germany for diagnosis.

They come to the conclusion the ecu is at fault. New ecus are on a two week back order. Quantum promise to locate one sooner and supply. They do but only if i send my ecu to them for inspection.

They transfer the key files from my ecu to the replacement and annoyingly preform the update/remap.

VW main dealer received the ecu ad surprise surprise the van still doesn't start.

VW aren't happy as its not a new ecu and has been fiddled with.

The same issues are apparent and we seem to have made no progress.

We are now waiting VW in German to remotely access vehicle to shed some light on things.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!! SO STRESSED!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Its sounds like between the re-mapping people and VW you will get it sorted...eventually... Just stay polite and unstressed and calmly expect them to give you back a working van.. just like you gave them...

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts