VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a rolling road remap for a 2.5 Tdi I am Northamptonshire based bit don’t mind travelling a bit for the right job.

thanks Matt

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I had my T5 remapped by Revo and love it, the distributer I went to didn't have a rr but I wasn't bothered about the numbers, it was all about the drive for me. Worth checking if any other dealers have rr facilities.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, from what I understand Revo is a pre-made map which I am sure is great on a standard van but I am running PP1 injectors and a Hybrid turbo so think I need a more custom job.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,516 Posts
Just be aware that if anyone advertises at "P*ndle P*rformance" dealers, THEY don't actually do the map.
It's done by the ONE person at "Head Office" (a lockup garage without even a toilet), and he just looks at the numbers and tell them what to change!
This is at the same time as he is charging a "local customer" parked in his garage to have the same work done!
2 hour job takes 4 as he "multi-tasks".
GOOD thing is....if you don't ask for a receipt, you can pay cash and avoid tax and VAT :whistle:
I think everything goes through the Gym next door...the one with the Ferrari parked outside.

Quote:
"don’t mind travelling a bit for the right job."
Yeah....I drove the 3000km from Norway to that "cowboy".....poked the vaccum hose into the fans, and I had to drive "sans brakes" from Leeds to Glasgow and back with a spare gearbox to get reconned.
Forget distance.....just find someone reliable... (y)

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
This guy did my T5, he's a VW Audi guru. Has a rolling road and did specifically to my van. Readout after was 212hp, forgot the nm and will try and dig out the print out.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
This guy did my T5, he's a VW Audi guru. Has a rolling road and did specifically to my van. Readout after was 212hp, forgot the nm and will try and dig out the print out.

What engine and/or upgrades have you got to get that result?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks this seems like the exact kind of place I want to go I will give them a call

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
What engine and/or upgrades have you got to get that result?
Just to add to this, couldn't find the printout but found this. Make of it what you will:

miloslo said:
Hiya,

Had my 130 2.5 4motion done at Southwest In Car Tech, based just off the M4 Bath Junction.

211 BHP and 450nm torque, all done on a German dyno and printouts supplied.
A 130 will not do 211hp on a standard turbo.
Southwest in car tech have a 2wd Maha dyno, to run a 4 motion you have to remove the Haldex fuse so it doesn't turn the back wheels.
The issue is the prop is still turning the rear diff and the oil drag gets measured and added to the transmition gear train losses giving an exaggerated flywheel figure.

He never got back to me on what sort of error percentage this could throw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts