VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
The 85bhp vans are a little more basic inside, from memory they have different clocks (no engine temp in some of them I think?) and single din radios. If it comes down to economics, are the 85bhp vans + remap cost that much cheaper than the 104/104's ?

A lot of people on here have had remaps on 85hp vans and seem very happy with them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
A T5 85 is probably similar to the T4 102 to start with.I: So a T5 remapped will obviously make it even better.Rasp:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
my mates got a 102 t4 and hes driven my 57 85 T5 and he thinks there not much in it untill he got
to 70 then he could see the light :D and when we were doing 90 and we could still talk without having
to shout like in his t4 THE DARKSIDE WAS VERY STRONG LOL:,................by the way hes now looking for a T5 I:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
The 85bhp vans are a little more basic inside, from memory they have different clocks (no engine temp in some of them I think?) and single din radios.
and thay have parafin headlights and plasticine steering wheels and made of thinner metal
oh and my clocks are alot smaller as is my stereo LOL:
( temp gauge Isn't standard equipment on the T5)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I have two vans and one is an 85 just as happy in that as the 104..

Sure there is a difference when fully loaded but it's nothing to worry about.. if you want to go fast buy a sports car T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts