VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
6,709 Posts
Quick answer - yes.

Long answer in the Project Power 1 link in my sig below.

Basically a straight good remap can get you 130, with some minor injector mods - I'm running 167.1

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hey up mate. Had mine done at Chipwizards. Supposed to be 88bhp, was actually 70bhp on first run on rolling road.....now it;s 129bhp. I:I:I:I:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hi sorry to hijack your thread, Would there be any benefit in having a remap carried out on a standard 88bhp blue badged TDi ?
by standard I mean not changing the injectors or having an intercooler fitted, it has has the egr blanked off. Also how much if worth it would I be looking to pay.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Had mine done mainly for hills etc., as it was awful on any gradient. I ended up crawling up Great Orme last year, and that was the final straw. Flies up hills now, no changing down. T:

·
6,709 Posts
Hi sorry to hijack your thread, Would there be any benefit in having a remap carried out on a standard 88bhp blue badged TDi ?
by standard I mean not changing the injectors or having an intercooler fitted, it has has the egr blanked off. Also how much if worth it would I be looking to pay.
Many thanks in advance.
An intercooler would help at the least but if it's in good nick there could be 120 odd bhp to be had.
With injectors too 150.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I doubt it unfortunately. Chipwizards was in the process of closing the dyno down after Christmas as the landlord wants to sell the plot for housing development.

Give him a call though as he may be able to use another rolling road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts